Gmail alternative

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WSFuser, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Im not concerned with privacy so much, but my Gmail account got locked and Im considering a different provider. Plus my email accounts are filled with spam.

I thinking about one of the following:

bluebottle
    FastMail
    Inbox.com

Hows their spam protection? and what do you think of their web interface; is it clean and intuitive?

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I went from Gmail to Fastmail recently and I am certainly glad I did. I have a full account, so I do pay for it. But it is well worth the $20/year. They offer POP3 and IMAP, secure and non secure; 110 or 443. I like the interface a lot. It is customizeable; they have a lot of css stylesheets to choose from. As far as spam protection is concerned, that is offered but its effectiveness is determined by the user; it depends on if you use rules of not and just how strict those rules are. I am very impressed with their implementation of server side rules. For instance, I have my account set up to automatically archive an email, once it had been delivered via POP3, to subfolders of the 'Archived" folder, depending on the address that the email was from. I like fastmail a lot. Give them a try.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

AOL.com offers free email with 2 GB storage, I like it because it offers IMAP access (like fastmail.fm).
    The new Live Mail is also decent.

4. ASM

ASM Registered Member

Try inbox... not bad.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I signed up for Inbox yesterday and so far it seems nice. I just hope I can keep it spam-free.

I hestitated on bluebottle and FastMail since they have ads and/or taglines in their free version.

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

It has challenge/response spam protection. You have to enable it.

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I signed up for the free FastMail account two years ago and have not received even 1 spam message in my inbox. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.