Global hooks

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ikonaudio, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikonaudio

ikonaudio Registered Member

Please forgive me if this subject has already been posted in this forum. I'm a beginner here...
    Process Guard blocks a "Global Process Hook" tried to start by Notepad (why on the earth?), and a "Global Low Level Keyboard Process Hook" by Googledesktop.exe.

May I allow them? (I don't think it's wise to permit Notepad; but what about Google Desktop?).

Thank you very much

Guido
    Torino, Italy

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

When I start notepad there isn't any reaction from PG on my computer and certainly no global hook. With some computers PG seems to have unwarranted responses at times (if I try to open some specific JPG files, it triggers a prompt about blocking or allowing a driver installation, quite harmless, but certainly intriguing).

Rather than allowing anything, block or deny first and see what happens if your are not sure. You can always allow later if something legitimate seems to be affected.

3. ikonaudio

ikonaudio Registered Member

Wise advice, Osaban! Thanks!
    Though, I would like to know why Google Desktop asks me a Global Low Level Keyboard Process Hook...

Guido

4. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Possibly for keyboard short cuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.