giveaway of the day:)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

2. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Nice software but i still prefer CTM

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Well thanx for the info I'll give it a try but I will still prefer CTM or Rollback

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

I prefer TrueImage (as good as other disc imaging programs).

Or Deep Freeze, Shadow Defender and similar...

at least Ay is good as windows system restore point -so why Ay-Software?

PS
    Comodo - NO thanx!

5. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Issues earlier today with Ikarus FP (now fixed) and COU IP blocklist for OA appeared to block the website which made me, as it turns out unnecessarily, suspicious. Main concern a really messy uninstall. Seems to work OK but CTM would seem a better bet and its free every day! Or of course fd-isr or RollbackRX if you can afford them!

Cheers

6. Creer

Creer Registered Member

The same here. I prefer imaging/virtualizing software than application like ISR.
    +1 :thumb:

7. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Judging from the comments section, the license is only for 1 year.:doubt:

8. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I downloaded/instaled AyRecovery via GAOTD and also tried a near-clone, PCTimemachine.
    Both are rollback applications and I'm pretty sure both are direct descendants of Rollback RX from Horizon DataSystems.

As far as noticeable differences between AyRecovery and PCTimemachine, AY's GUI is more complete but that's about it. They even have the same icon cache.
    Both worked for me during their brief stay on my computer, but I noticed that AYRecovery had a buggy registration process.
    Following the instructions, I did get an on-screen confirmation that the product had been successfully registered but following a reboot it asked for me to register.
    Going back to the registration page, I saw that the license code I had applied earlier was missing.

For several reasons, I have gone back to using CTM.
    (So far), it works for me every time, it's unequivocally free, and as far as I can see offers everything AYRecovery and PCTimemachine offer, plus I feel it's GUI is superior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.