Giveaway of the Day - Drive Copy 10 Personal Special Edition (English Version)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by NICK ADSL UK, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Has anyone given this a shot as to it's effectiveness?

3. BCJames2

BCJames2 Registered Member

I downloaded this and gave it a try. It seems like an interesting alternative to Acronis True Image.

I was particularly interested to test the option to copy my home drive directly to a functioning VM image. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work well in my initial test. I chose VirtualBox as the VM format. It took 10 hours to copy 198 Gbytes from my C: drive to the VM image. VirtualBox 2 on my laptop wouldn't load it, so I updated to VirtualBox 3, which did successfully load it. As expected, Windows prompts to "Activate" when booted in the VM. Unexpectedly, Windows won't run if I select "Later". It immediately logs off and re-prompts to Activate Windows immediately. If I select Activate Online, it goes away for a couple of minutes and then says that it doesn't have a functioning internet connection. Other VM images I already had running under VirtualBox seem to be able to access the internet network ok, so I'm not sure what's wrong or how to diagnose it.

So, looks like a dead end. Too bad. I might have tried some other VM formats to see if it was just a bug with VirtualBox format, but not if each experiment is going to take 10 hours!

4. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    So if one has the Returnil System Safe 2011 Pro giveaway from yesterday, this one is not necessary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.