[giveaway] NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hdwydgw534, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

5 lifetime Licenses to win here: http://tweakbytes.com/Thread-NoVirusThanks-EXE-Radar-Pro-Giveaway#.UYN3ozSl5Cd

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  2. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

Good luck to the winners :)

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The term giveaway is a bit misleading.

This is more a raffle.

Chances of actually winning...Very slim.

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

indeed!

6. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

In the long run it will cost more (giving away personal ID). Nothing is free! :D

7. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Shameless plug for yet another forum.
    @NVT maybe consider a 'genuine giveaway' here at Wilders.
    After all it's where your support is based.

8. guest

guest Guest

NVT needs a wide coverage for their products, i don't see what is bad to give few licenses to a small and starting forum and get some more coverage.

@NSG, you are not the one that refused giveaways at MT...you hate giveaways now ? ;)
    btw, if wilders want to do a giveaway, they just have to contact them as we did.

no one forces you to give your "real" ID, where the cost...? :D

I always wonder why people think that giveaway/contest/whatever is a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  9. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

good idea
    there was ga from NVT for active participants at Wilders
    its quite possible that the second ga will increase helpful activity

10. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

Sure, there will be a giveaway of ERP here at WS too, just be patient :)

11. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Nice :thumb:

12. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

True, no one forces anything. But, the required steps are somewhat extreme, seriously speaking.

I mean... Step 1 is acceptable: You have to be a registered member on our forum.

And, then there could be a Step 2: Explain why you'd like to have ERP. Something like that. The rest? Having to register either on Facebook (makes me want to throw up), Google+ (one more throw up)... or even Twitter... :ouch:

I did consider to participate to get a license for a relative, but I lost interest after step 1. The problem are not giveaways/contests, but the steps involved.

13. guest

guest Guest

i participated/managed giveaways of various vendors, many of them ask for this kind of requirements, some even more, why?

Because they will have inputs/advertising for free on famous social networks in exchange of few licenses (financial value widely covered by the saved cost of real advertising).
    i can understand those requirements, from a business point of view, they are totally legit (especially for starting companies with few financial resources)

As everybody i don't like to give my "real" IDs. What i did is to create a "giveaway" facebook/twitter/whatever specific ID, so it is fast to fill the requirements and expose none of my personal infos.
    i will lost 10mn in my life but i may win something valuable for few investments.

In the case of NVT, it is a real pleasure to work with them, no harassment, no requirements, everything goes smooth and simple. As a young company they really deserve to be known outside the "techie/geek" community.

This is of course just my opinion and i accept that people may think differently.

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would agree about NVT. I've paid for my licenses and feel like a winner.

Also I would have no problem registering with the forum. That only makes sense. But to have to register with any social networking mess. No way in a month on Sunday's. That requirement would cause me to have my account at the forum deleted.

Pete

15. guest

guest Guest

why that?

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Because I should be able to come to your forum and do whatever you offer without being forced to register at social sites. I for one have no use for them, and if you try to force me to use them as part of what you do that I would chose not to belong to your forum.

Pete

17. pablozi

pablozi Registered Member

I'm glad to hear that :thumb:

18. m00nbl00d

I'd understand that kind of requirement coming from other software vendors, not from a security software vendor. These should know better, IMHO.

Security vendors "offering" giveaways that require users to break their privacy, by both creating an account with companies that are known not to be that privacy friendly and then to disclose such information don't inspire me much confidence, to be honest. The applications might be great, but the developer(s) don't inspire trust, and in what comes to security they should inspire trust to the user. I think...

There three sides of it.
    There are those who won't even want to be involved with Faceboo, etc., in no way.
    There are those who may naively disclose such information out there.
    There are those who are, at least, conscious enough to do what you did.

So, in this specific case, we're dealing with a security vendor (NVT) that didn't demand any of those requirements, which does inspire trust to the user, and yet you decide to take away that trust? Seems rather odd to me. :blink:

And, if I as a happy user want to share them, I'd share them because I wanted it so, because the app is so great, and not because someone wants me to do it so.

In this case, it's between one good situation and one bad situation. Should I choose the NVT application or break my privacy by creating an account with Facebook, etc? Oh... bummer. Then again, breaking my privacy for something I might not even put my hands on. Not a fair trade, IMHO.

19. guest

guest Guest

all is a matter of opinions, you feel losing your trust by using social networks, others don't.

also, how you can break your privacy with aliases and one time email/account?

For Info: i just won a Spyshelter Firewall license on Facebook SS page; did i disclosed my privacy ? not at all (they don't get my real name or anything sensitive related to me)

20. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Ditto!

21. m00nbl00d

There's no trust loss. If nothing else, there would be a trust gain.

At first, I thought that all those requirements were imposed by NVT, but you have mentioned that NVT had demanded nothing, and therefore you made the decision of forcing those requirements. Therefore, I would not even register at your forum, which I didn't. But, was considering to, if it weren't for those requirements.

I've seen lots of giveaways happening, and all they ever required was either to register and say why one wants the application or only to comment the article (providing a real e-mail address (an alias would be fine ;), of course) explaining why one wants the application. What's wrong about this approach? o_O

Again, if one is smart enough to create alias, and even know they actually exist. I wonder how many people are aware of Outlook alias, for example? ;)

And, you're also failing to understand that breaking privacy isn't just about letting you know about e-mail addresses, etc., it's also about having to create an account with Google+, Facebook, etc.

The thing is, this is not about you, but about everyone in general, and many people distrust with certain services.

Considering that you created this thread here at Wilders, and many users are privacy aware and dislike such services, what benefit does it bring to NVT to "pass the message" about NVT ERP? If nothing else, you made more people not passing the message, at all. I know I didn't pass any message, due to all this mess.

Then again, it's all about opinions. But, perhaps you should be more open to other people's opinions. :)

22. pablozi

pablozi Registered Member

But... Participating in all those giveaways is not obligatory. If you don't accept the rules then you don't take part in a game. Simple as that. Why whining then?

23. guest

guest Guest

Can't say better.

i think we talked enough about that, i put the giveaway here because many members of Wilders like NVT and some may like to participate.

24. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Very true, just needed to point the fact nothing (materialistic) is free, plus being hidden behind the words: "free" & "giveaway".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.