Ghostwall question

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by piyopiyo81, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piyopiyo81

piyopiyo81 Registered Member

I just install Ghostwall but I wonder do I need to create my own rule or I just use the default one?

2. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

I would recommend to create your own rules depending on your needs. I think you should modify the first default rule ("allow all outbound...") in a more restrictive way, especially.

3. piyopiyo81

Then I think the ghostwall not for me because I am kinda newbie of the firewall.

4. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

Thats hold for me too, but it is not so complicated as it seems to be on the first look. For the first week I used the default rules as they are, then after some reading (i.e. here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=4413 and elsewhere), i was able to extract the information which i need. In my case, i changed the first default rule for example into three rules allowing ICMP, HTTP and HTTPS (the last two of which allowing only outgoing traffic to remote ports 80 and 443, respectively).
    Some of the default rules you may not need, some of them you can leave as they are (esp. the last "block all protocols..."). All in all i came up to ten rules finally, but there are some questions open for me, too.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  5. piyopiyo81

I think I need to pass Ghostwall.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.