Ghostwall process/service

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Question, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Question

Question Registered Member

Ive installed Ghostwall scurity firewall but this didnt work out, so i unistalled it,but now every time i restart the PC it says GW wants to start a service but cant find the path. How can i fix this ?

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  2. topami

topami Registered Member

I don't know any details but I assume that the (if you see some kind of error message -window) message is generated from os's attempt to start a service. Look what file it starts (.exe, if not, don't do this), open regedit and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services". From here start a search and look for the executable's name and then delete the key directly under \Services.. Just read all info under it and make sure it's part of the UNINSTALLED GhostWall. Reboot and it should be gone.

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Old post but just in case anyone else has the problem... Open Device Manager, select View Hidden Devices in View Menu, open Non-Plug And Play Drivers tree, select ghstwall, right click and choose Uninstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.