Ghostwall CS:Source

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Makav3l1, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I'm new to ghostwall and I am interested in learning how to use it. After installing ghostwall, I noticed that security center doesn't recognize it. Disabling security center and restarting it also didn't help so it is probably just not one of the recognized security products. That's not really a big deal but I had to change firewall to not monitored which is eh. The other thing is that ghostwall is marketed on the official website as a great product that doesn't impact counter-strike, yet the default settings prevent the user from playing cs and other steam games. Maybe a little bit misleading? Anyway, if you could help me with setting up the necessary rules to allow cs:source along with steam and other online games I would be a happy camper. Thank you in advance.

2. Makav3l1

I messed around with it for a bit and I think I got it working:

Steam
    UDP
    Any
    Any
    Allow
    Both
    Any
    27000-27040

Does that cover it? Also I am having problems getting teamspeak to connect. Does anyone know the rule that would allow that? Thanks.

3. Makav3l1

Okay, I figured it out, I am getting the hang of this. You can delete my posts if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.