Getting Rid of Symantec Before Installing NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wvman45, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvman45

wvman45 Registered Member

I currently have Symantec SystemWorks 2003, and included with it is, of course NAV. I would like to make the switch to NOD32 but want to so as painlessly as possible. To that end, I would like to know the recommended method for removing all traces of Symantec SystemWorks 2003. The reason is that I want my system free of Symantec apps before installing NOD32, to avoid conflicts.

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Chuck,

You might have a look at this thread for removal links ;)

regards.

paul

3. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

Make sure you uninstall Norton from Add/Remove. Don't forget to uninstall LiveReg and LiveUpdate. Then use the removal tool from Symantec's website. You'll be surprised how much garbage the removal tool cleans up afterwards. I have been using NOD32 for 3 wks. and am very pleased with it's performance. I'm sorry I didn't make the switch earlier. Hope it works as well for you as it has been for me.

4. wvman45

wvman45 Registered Member

Thanks for the tips. I will try to make the switch to NOD32 today, so I hope removing Norton SystemWorks 2003 isn't too problematic. I have had to manually remove it before, which involved removing innumerable registry entries. Time consuming! Anyway, wish me luck and I hope NOD32 turns out to be everything it's cracked up to be.
    Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.