GETTING RID OF NAV 2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gm69, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm69

gm69 Registered Member

Would like your opinion. I want to get rid of nav 2004 trial version on brand new windows xp and plan doing it the following way.
    1.Back up with erunt
    2.Use xp add-remove
    3.Pick up all the rest with regseeker
    4.Check with autorun if anything left there
    5.Say a prayer
    Thanks any comments welcome.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

You could use the NAV 2004 manual removal procedure available at the Symantec site. March through the steps after an add/remove exercise. A number will be already performed, but you'll pick up a few items.

Blue

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hmmm....

See post 3. Rejzor suggested it. I used it. It worked for me as a cleaner tool after uninstall. It is referenced there in #3 but I for the life of me can not locate the little tool anymore o_O :doubt: . It was in his security ops place.... sorry.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45231&highlight=Norton removal tool

Go to security ops it is in the Excessive software click there. if you read it says nothing about it but I know he said something about a cleaning tool for Norton. :doubt: Maybe he will come by with more details. It is your choice I would hate to recommend something that would mess you up but it did not hurt my machine you could hear it grinding away looking and cleaning on the HD. ;) You better PM him I have download and looked for it still do not see it sorry I could not help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

You will probably need to delete some folders. I think I found them in the User Applications and Program Files folders. I think if you search for Symantec and Norton you should be able to find these left over folders. Regseeker does a very good job of finding the registry entries after you add/remove.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.