GETTING RID OF NAV 2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gm69, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm69

gm69 Registered Member

Would like your opinion. I want to get rid of nav 2004 trial version on brand new windows xp and plan doing it the following way.
    1.Back up with erunt
    2.Use xp add-remove
    3.Pick up all the rest with regseeker
    4.Check with autorun if anything left there
    5.Say a prayer
    Thanks any comments welcome.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

You could use the NAV 2004 manual removal procedure available at the Symantec site. March through the steps after an add/remove exercise. A number will be already performed, but you'll pick up a few items.

Blue

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hmmm....

See post 3. Rejzor suggested it. I used it. It worked for me as a cleaner tool after uninstall. It is referenced there in #3 but I for the life of me can not locate the little tool anymore o_O :doubt: . It was in his security ops place.... sorry.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45231&highlight=Norton removal tool

Go to security ops it is in the Excessive software click there. if you read it says nothing about it but I know he said something about a cleaning tool for Norton. :doubt: Maybe he will come by with more details. It is your choice I would hate to recommend something that would mess you up but it did not hurt my machine you could hear it grinding away looking and cleaning on the HD. ;) You better PM him I have download and looked for it still do not see it sorry I could not help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

You will probably need to delete some folders. I think I found them in the User Applications and Program Files folders. I think if you search for Symantec and Norton you should be able to find these left over folders. Regseeker does a very good job of finding the registry entries after you add/remove.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.