Getting Problems With Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I downloaded and installed IE7 from the microsoft site, and it seemed fine, untill browsing problems occured. Firstly It would take ages (8mins or more) to even attempt to conect to a website, then after I closed IE7 and reopened it, I would get DNS Failure on the page, nothing else would be displayed, or I would get Referer in the top left corner of the page. If I rebooted, the webpages may open at that next instance of opening IE7 but on closing and reopening, I would recieve the same messages. My ISp Provider say they are not supporting IE7 at the moment, as they are not trained in it, but report that I am connected to the Internet and there is no problem in that department, which I can confirm is true, as Outlook Express, and MSN Messenger both work as does Incredimail, I reverted back to Internet Explorer 6, but does anyone else have these, or similar problems after upgrading Internet Explorer?

2. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

First thing that comes to mind would be firewall settings. Firefox has had a lot of issues with new installs not being picked up automatically by the software firewalls. Check yours if you have on running and make sure it has entries for IE7 and outbound traffic is allowed.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The problem with that is, at the time I was only running Windows SP2 Firewall, no third party firewalls are installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.