Getting GoBack

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rainwalker, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings.........i can not get to the buy GoBack page........the site goes on about needing to set a cookie.......yeah fine, set away.........i have enabled everything as far as cookies go ( FF ) and nada....................so i try IE and say ok to the cookie stuff by loosening up their settings and still get that :mad: message........so what is wrong and how do i order it...................you see as far as i am concerned it's more of that Symantac stuff.......maybe there is a message here...... and it is for me to get something else......

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Rainwalker,

I get the following with both Opera and IE, with "accept all cookies" set, all cookies deleted, and cleared caches:

Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20002SC22

Nick

3. Rainwalker

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............what can i say ;)
    Thanks Nick

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

5. some advice

some advice Guest

I know this may not be exactly what your looking for Rainwalker, but often (at least two times already this year) http://www.compusa.com has had Norton System Works 2005 on sale for 30 dollars (free if your upgrading from an older version of NSW) which contains GoBack 4.

Right now NSW 2005 is 40 dollars but only after an upgrade rebate. Isn't buying GoBack on its own 50 dollars?

Even if you never use Norton AV or SystemWorks, 30 dollars is not a bad deal for GoBack 4. I have never seen GoBack 4 as a stand alone product on sale, just as part of the NSW 2005 package. You may want to look into it if your the thrifty type like me. I'm sure they will be having another sale soon, just keep an eye on the CompUSA site. New sales every week.

Also older versions of GoBack that work just as well (but lack some of the newer features of GoBack 4 like Autoback and SafeTryMode) and don't need to be registered/activated (like from NSW 2003) can be found on Ebay quite cheap. ;)

6. Rainwalker

:cool: :cool: :cool: ........one question........you say the older versions work fine...i have the OLD GoBack 3.....there was an update, i believe that came out a year after that release......are you saying that if i try to install the OLD GoBack 3.. that XP and SP2 will be get along with it.

7. Rainwalker

8. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I know two people running GoBack 3.21 build 106 (the last update available) with XP SP2. They have not reported any problems and have used it to roll their systems back several times. I have not tried it myself.

Nick

9. some advice

some advice Guest

10. Rainwalker

Thanks guys my question has been answered :) :'(

11. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Now, I know why my scanner quit working! Pretty convenient for MS, considering some of the programs that quit working with SP2.

One way to get rid of your competition, service pack'em to death! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.