Getting E-mails On your PDA!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xtanker98, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtanker98

xtanker98 Registered Member

I need step by step directions on how to set up my treo 650 to retrieve email from aol. Can anyone help?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey xtanker98, welcome to Wilders!

Here is the setup info. You will need to get your account information ready.

Open VersaMail. Tap the tab at the left-hand top of the screen. The Versa-Mail menus appear. Tap Accounts and choose Account Setup to open the Account Setup dialog box.

VersaMail’s Account Setup Wizard works very similar to the mail setup wizard in major email applications such as Outlook 2003. Tap the New button. Type a descriptive account name for your email account. Select your ISP from the Mail Service drop-down list. If your ISP doesn’t appear in the list, select Other. Select your email protocol from the Protocol drop-down list. Tap the Next button to advance the wizard. Type your ISP username and password. Tap the Next button to advance the wizard. Then type in your email address, incoming mail server, and outgoing mail server in their required fields. Tap the Next button to complete your basic email setup. Click Advanced and fill in your ISP email server port settings if required by your ISP.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

4. xtanker98

5. xtanker98

The problem that I am having, is finding the appropriate Incoming, and outgoing servers for cingular, and AT&T

6. xtanker98

The problem that I am having is getting the appropriate incoming, and outgoing ports. I use Cingular Wireless phone service, and AOL mail.

P.S. This is my first time on this site, and I really like it!

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Glad you like the site, I enjoy it myself :)

I do not use PDA's, I got rid of Cingular and AOL a long time ago so I don't know the ports you would need.

I do not know if there is anything free for what you are looking for.

We'll have to wait and see if anybody here at Wilders can assist with this :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.