?Getting Around 'disallowed resource' access through webbrowser?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by BrySpy, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrySpy

BrySpy Registered Member

Wasn't quite sure if this is the right place to ask this or not but....

When using the public computers at my local library, there are a limited amount of programs that can be opened. Internet Explorer being one of them. I can't access my thumbdrive cause there is no mycomputer access. I tried using the internet browser to open it ex. E:\work\news.doc .....but I get a message: "Access to resource 'E:' has been disallowed"

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this....?

Thnx for the help,

BrySpy

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Would seem the Library IT has intentionally disabled USB access for security reasons.(?) There are probably ways around it but do not think they are for discussion on this board as it would seem to go against the grain. If the only reason you need access to your thumb drive is for Information download and saving then you may need to revert to burning to CD if the PC is capable, or save to floppy.

3. BrySpy

BrySpy Registered Member

Well your probably right, about the IT and their reasons. I guess I can't really ask how to get around passed the block on this forum ay...?...Do you know as to how this blocking of resources is accomplished so that I may find other means to further understand and solve the problem?...(can I ask that?...)...

edit: It might be helpful to know that all of drives "resources' C:\ D:\ ...are also 'disallowed.

Thanx for your reply ThunderZ,

BrySpy

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Think that pretty much says it all. Sorry....can`t help you.

5. BrySpy

BrySpy Registered Member

Oh...well...I gues that says it all. But does anyone know what they are using to 'disallow' the drives 'resources'? ;)

BrySpy

6. Matt2099

Matt2099 Registered Member

I dont know exactly what program they are using, but i have a similar program to disable access on my computer called 1st security agent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.