Getting a "trojan horse" after starting a site?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by michelle_qw, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michelle_qw

michelle_qw Registered Member

Dear readers,

I have made a temporary site for showing pictures created on cyberfreehost.com. Now there is a discussion that I created a "trojan horse" in my index.htm file.
    Is it possible to get seach a virus only by starting the site? Can the provider be the cause?

My computer is protected with a router, ZoneAlarm (medium adjusted) and Nortons Symantic AntiVirus.

Nice regards and thanks for reading,

Michelle.

2. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

If you are only hosting pictures on the site it is quite unlikely that you created a trojan horse. Especially if it is supposedly found in your index.htm. You might have a suspicious looking string somewhere in your html code that might be flagging users. I would ask whoever is saying that you have a "trojan", for further information. What program flagged it, what the "trojan" did to their computer etc. Maybe even ask a third party to analyze the suspect file (the developers of the program who flagged the file would probably be most logical).

Taking a quick look I do not see anything at that site in there terms or FAQ regarding ads and such, but some free web hosting sites have default use of banners and other advertising that should be removed. Some AVs flag certain adware and spyware as trojans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.