Get savvy! And get free six-months of F-Secure Internet Security 2010!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by smith2006, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Promotion ended.

3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Posted,and i already received my license yesterday.Just wondering if is worthing a try.....:rolleyes:

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Here's a review from PCmag.com and keep in mind that it's six months old. The product has hopefully continued to improve. Sounds like it's worth a test drive.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352403,00.asp

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I just put my name in. I want to see how it works. I've used it once before and it worked rather well. I got a Advanced+ rating in nov 09 Av Compartives.

6. kjdemuth

Whats wrong with f-secure anyway? I never see anyone using it. That and F-prot.

7. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I think F-prot concentrates more their sales efforts to the corporate market. I believe F-Secure has a large SOHO client base specially in europe.

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I tried F-Secure for a few months. I really like and respect the company, so when the 2010 A/V was getting close to release, I gave it a try. The web and mail scanners were a draw in that they don't proxy your connections in order to do the scanning. Unfortunately the web scanner causes a large delay when trying to watch youtube videos. You'll find posts supporting this on F-Secure's forums. The other two drawbacks that I found were that the file scanner started slowing my system down after awhile and there is a lack of options available in the UI compared to other software I've tried. It is reasonably priced though and worth a try.

9. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thank you Victek...i will think about it....the few reviews on youtube,the latest,are very promising,but...it seems that FIS is a pain on removing malware.It takes to long...:rolleyes: but it succeded ;)

10. kjdemuth

I'll try anything for 6 months. By then I should have another free license for something.

11. falkor

falkor Registered Member

If it is too late , let me know . I have a 6 month of it and would be more than happy to let you try it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.