Geswall & Rapport. Geswall expert required

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by speedtouch, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedtouch

speedtouch Registered Member

Anyone know how to get Geswall and Trusteer Rapport working together? Trusteer say they are incompatible but I wondered if Geswall just needs setting up properly. Any ideas appreciated.

2. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi speedtouch,

I don't use Trusteer but you can launch your browser using application wizard to create the appropriate rules or check the logs for any related Trusteer events

3. speedtouch

Thanks MaB69,

Yes I have tried the application wizard but it doesn't seem to make it work. I am getting a READONLY access message to RapportService (Process) in the logs but I don't know how to set up full access to a service. Any ideas?

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, try the Application Wizard again, and try these steps...
    On the first dialog, check the expert mode box at the bottom, then Next.
    On the 2nd dialog, select Security Level "Never Isolate" and also check the "Autofill rules for this application", then Next.
    After that, make sure to follow the 2 prompts when they tell you to open the application.
    Sometimes reboot might help after the app wiz is run.
    See if that works.

5. speedtouch

Thanks Page42,

Tried that but unfortunately still does not work. Maybe they are incompatible.

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Then you probably need to write a rule, using the log. If you can't do that (I often find it difficult), why not email support and ask them? Sorry I can't help you beyond that.

7. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

May be you can try to add a ressource in GW console : a trusted file identified by its name with the path found in the log

Regards,

MaB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.