GesWall problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Smiggy, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Just installed GesWall 2.9 freeware for a test.
    Doesn't seem to be working at all.

Installed, but when I load either of my two browsers, FF (default) or IE, neither of themare running as isolated?

The counters are sat at 0 too?
    If I run any program, right-click, run as isolated, they don't load with the G symbol or isolated colour either.

Hmmm..........................
    Also as a footnote, when it offered me the 15 day trial it said I couln't run it as I didn't have admin privileges. I'm an admin on the laptop?

Anyone had this happen?

2. aegreen

aegreen Registered Member

Geswall free only comes with default setup for internet explorer although there is a way around this ;) . If you look in the applications list you will see only internet explorer. You may have to set resources for other programs to work properly although it shouldn't stop them starting. The installation problems sound like a problem with your computer. It has always installed fine on my machines. If you've been experimenting with lots of security software, it can mess your system up. It's best to have a clean image of your windows setup so that you can restore it once you've decided which security apps your going to use. That way you install on a clean machine. Also don't have dozens of security apps running. It's not necessary and can cause problems. You should be perfectly OK with just say Geswall, Avira Free and a decent outbound firewall with HIPS turned off. HIPS just replicates the functions of Geswall.

3. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

FF and Chrome now included in GW2.9 freeware.

Removed it and reverted back to SandBoxIE.
    Thanks for your post though, appreciated.

:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.