GeSwall problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EddieT.H., Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieT.H.

EddieT.H. Registered Member

Hello guys, just a small problem looking for a quick fix.
    i installed GeSwall today, it asked me if i want to isolate firefox, i clicked yes and the error came up. i tried it without isolating Ff and it worked fine. can you help me find out whats wrong? tankyou
    and i already did a winsock repair, not sure if it helps though.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

what error exactly?

3. Lucy85

Lucy85 Registered Member

I don't use FF so can't help you there but the easiest way is to check the logs and see what processes were blocked or redirected.

After that, add them into FF's rules if it's safe of course.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What error came?
    What version of FF and GW u are using?

5. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

About GesWall.
    With the blink effect, if you turn it off this doesnt have anything to do with the protection of GesWall correct?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Of course. I always turn it off as I don,t like it and infact I did suggest them to add the option of disabling it.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes that is correct.

8. EddieT.H.

this doesnt only happen in FF but in all the applicationi isolated. it wont let me connect. Same with MSN, MSN version is 7.5, FF is 2 thank you. it just wont let me connect. geswall is 2.3.0, the instyaller says 2.3.1 though..

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  9. EddieT.H.

uhh, i found the problem. Comodo firewall chanegd something so i just removed the rules and added them again... sorry guys for taking your time but thank you for helping me :D

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I can,t say much but I never got such situition, now I am using beta version 2.5.0.
    U did not tell what error comes and what is ur system and other security software.

11. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Security level for GesWall, which one is better between the default setting of isolate known applications or auto isolate.
    They seem the same to me except with auto isolate you dont get asked anything, it seems as though GW does all the work for you.
    Also in the help section under security levels I noticed there is another setting for isolate network applications, where is this, I dont see it anywhere on GW

12. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

they removed the "isolate network applications" a while back (before i was using it).

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You are right. I prefer Isolate known applications with pop up mode and after few times of pop up reply when u find an application is working OK within GesWall, then u can click don,t ask again to make a rule for any application.

14. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Do you have any ideas why my GeSWall didn't start with Windows XP Professional? I have to start it with my self or put in on startup folder. Maybe there is some registry error or something?! I'm using 2.5 RC2

15. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

hmm i've never had that happen. you can try posting the problem on gentlesecurity's (the makers of geswall) forums :
    http://gentlesecurity.com/board/

hopefully they can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.