Geswall & KeyScrambler

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Ultravires, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hi, does anyone know how i can get geswall 2.9 Pro and Keyscrambler 2.6 to work together? The only time i can get keyscrambler working is if i open firefox non isolated. I have tried this method

Originally Posted by Kees1958
    I am not using GeSWall at the moment, but I would recommend the following

a) Install Keyscrambler (Free) with GeSWall disabled

b) Enable GeSWall

c) Start your browser with the GeSWall Application Wizzard (right click context), give Wizzard some time to learn

d) Choose Yes to start your browser and make sure you type in some text

This should do the trick

However, after i right click on FF and choose the application wizard, i get no response. If anyone knows how to solve this please reply back. TIA.

2. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

maybe disable Gw protection and then reinstall Key scrambler,after that enable Gw protection,im using GW and Ks with no problems

of course when instal KS you must disable GW after full install KS u can Enable Gw protection

I did not create rules forKS

3. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

I tried what you suggested and it still does not work.

After i installed Geswall, i had to disable UAC, so i can disable geswall, then i installed keyscrambler, reboot, then i enable geswall and nada.

4. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Im using XP maybe PM to Aigle he is wilderssecurity member and he is using Geswall and KeyScrambler with special rules.

Merry christmas

P.S I see that u have askfor this on Geswall forum

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Here is what I did. Win 7 32 bit.

Installed geswall. Did not reboot. Installed keyscrambler personal, did not reboot. Both latest versions. Installed FF beta latest. Rebooted. Started firefox, geswall gave a pop up to isolate FF but I did not isolate it, installed KS plugin for FF( FF was unisolated while doing this).

Now started FF again and isolated it on pop up by geswall. KS works fine. :thumb: Only one small glitch. Tray icon may falsely report that encryption is not working but in fact it is working as shwon by keys being encrypted near address bar( in green).

This is all with defaults, without any custom rules. Icon problem can be fixed with some custom rules but I did not bothered that as KS is working great.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.