GesWall freeware configuration recommendations help...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dundertaker, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi all:) ;

New to GesWall freeware usage here. Main idea is to sandbox my browsers/pdf applications..some minor ones also. Have posted a thread for possible combinations previously.

Can you guys help me with possible configurations to have a good safe pc?
    How do you GesWall users set it up? Maybe a newbie setup geared towards an intermediate-advance setup....

I use SWare Iron/Google Chrome ver6 beta/Firefox3.6.8(default)/Opera 10.6 occassionaly with IE8(seldom). I use PDFXchange Viewer as default pdf reader. Foxit Editor for pdf editing. Am on XP SP3 with Avira Premium ver10(webguard disabled/no Proactive module --- will move to Avast free ver5 as soon as I try APver10 Premium combo first), OP Pro as realtime.

Could really appreciate the help here. ;)

Thank you very much!:)

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Go through each program and run the application manager. I believe that is a right click under the exe for the file. It will run you through the manager which will setup the rules for that program. It does come with some browsers and reader applications already installed. I think adobe is one of them.

3. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi kjdemuth;

Thans for the reply.

Have installed GesWall freeware earlier and yes I have found that there are pre-configured rules for browsers. I fund out that SWareIron is not included and I can't make it run via GesWall. If you right click and run it under GesWall it crashes.

I'm a bit confused with the console but I am trying to learn it..I noticed a slowdown also of the system...Any ideas here?

Thanks!

4. Boost

Boost Registered Member

If your not running any browsers supported by Geswall,I doubt your going to have any success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.