Geswall Forum:spammed now? What next!?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Seriously, does anyone here have a clue as to who is actually maintaining Geswall's forums?! Right now,there's a supposed "geswall admin" over there,posting garbage that a normal site admin wouldnt be posting,not to mention the spam thats already over there.

To top it off,it's development has been in question now for a long time,so my question is: Who runs the place over there?

Is the product dead? I mean seriously,why even pay for the web hosting if things are finished for Geswall.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think that is only an ordinary user who named himself geswall admin. Of course real admin should react

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

A retract your password-forum-run.

A lot of people have the habit of using same passwords for simular websites.

Change it and set that you do not want to receive notifications anymore.

4. Boost

Boost Registered Member

It is,thats what I was referring to here,doesnt anyone over there manage their website anymore?!

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

For sure, that has to be the case. Very unfortunate. Though I am no longer a GeSWall Pro user, I've emailed Brian to urge him to have a look at what is happening on that forum. I can't imagine it going uncorrected much longer.

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

It's pretty sad over there period,looks like many websites do when they are about to close up shop if you get what I mean.

7. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Yes great shame, and not very funny. Though that wierd guy was on -http://www.string-emil.de-

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I have been a steadfast proponent of GeSWall, but it is difficult to overlook the lack of developer participation at the forum and what looks to be the abandonment of future releases. I was always able to get timely responses from Brian Walche via email, and the man has put in many hours assisting me with various issues, but finally it got to be where running GeSWall Pro was more of a chore than any other program, and I eventually lost my allegiance to it. It makes me realize how important a support forum is, and how we all sometimes take their existence for granted. :doubt:

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the forum has always been a small thing. The poster is a fake. There is someone else with Geswall I talk to named David. So Brian isnt alone. A few weeks ago Brian did tell me that a lot of time was spent on Leakwall Data Leak Protection, but that Geswall 3.0 was coming.

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I also sent them an email about this.

I do hope GW isn't abandoned. Perhaps Emsisoft or some other outfit (maybe even Comodo) would take over GW.

Even after a long time without updates, GW is still a VERY powerful security program.

11. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Somewhat off-topic, but now someone by the name of Moderator has posted on the Sumatra (pdf) forum site that Sumatra pdf can't be installed. However, that forum is active so I guess that post may not be around for too long!
    Perhaps a solution could lie in banning usernames such as Moderator, administrator, admin, etco_O

12. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

@Page42: I lost Brian's email address - I should look for it in past external backups... - but I hope that Brian could give to you or, better, here in Wilders, real assurance that GesWall won't discontinued: is a very great product, one focus of my multilayer.

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

@blacknight: I have always used the gswsupport<@>gentlesecurity.com address for Brian. David Fairas (who trjam referred to) uses sales<@>gentlesecurity.com.

More than 30 hours have passed since folks here have emailed GW about the forum imposter/troll, and no change has taken place. That signifies quite a disconnect.

14. blacknight

Thanks Page42. I had another - not private - address of Brian, but I lost. I believe that GentleSecurity is working from long time almost only for business products. The point for me is not the Forum, but to have the assurance that they will go on the developping of GesWall.

15. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hello blacknight. I understand the desire people have to hear from GW that they intend to continue development. But I don't think that the forum and the software are mutually exclusive in their fates. That is to say, a dead and/or dying forum would indicate to me the same prognosis for the software. Really, how could it be otherwise? A software could exist unchanged and undeveloped without a support forum, but any healthy, evolving software I know of has active support in place. I hope for the best for GW, of course.

16. korben

korben Registered Member

Share similar feelings, especially now when I received an unlimited version of GeSWall Professional from David Fairas and been counting on x64 version since 2009...

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Brian said as blacknight eluded to that currently all time has been spent on business products, they make money. He assured me that Geswall 3 would happen. Now he doesnt owe me anything and yes, could be pulling my chain. But in the talks we have had in the last few years he has always been a stand up guy who honors his word and products. He doesnt have a staff of folks to assist him, and honestly I dont think he wants one.

But 3 months from now, 6 months from now or a year from now, I honestly know that we will be talking about the new release of Geswall 3. Has it been to long, yes. 64 bit is the reason I am hanging in there. But I also think Windows 7 release also held it up. David is also a very good person and I personally beleive in them.

and I have his email address, but aint giving it out as he knows what is going on, but has his priorities laid out. Hopefully he may pop in to reassure all here.;)

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

And meanwhile this "geswall admin" runs amuck with a couple more new posts.
    It would be pretty funny if it wasn't so sad. :thumbd:

Attached Files:

19. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

Unbelievable. This is indeed a shame and this supposed admin needs to get a life! :rolleyes:

20. blacknight

Ya, I can confirm it. I had private emailing with Brian, also concerning a website in my country where I was Mod, and always he was very professional and support.

21. Boost

Boost Registered Member

unbelievable.. It's just like I said before,the store has closed,the rats and mice are moving in for the left-overs.

22. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

From Brian: "The user is banned and messages are deleted now."

23. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

Good news! :thumb:

24. korben

korben Registered Member

Great news! We need to hear from Brian about GW 3.0 development though...

25. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

--Great news!

I saw this "geswall admin" reply to a certain post asking about re: "Firefox Update 3.6.6/7/8 and Geswall Problem" and he gave a reply of.."Guess what discs, your banned from this forum" (I explicitly remembered that because it shocked me. Never have I seen a reply so unprofessional). I wanted to post an image of it here but it(the reply) was indeed removed.

The GesWall forum should take a hint from here and it's a long way from it. Good thing some gurus here at wilders' are participating,there helping people as in here. Kudos to you guys! (I saw bellgamin,Kees19858,Henk,aigle to name a few..)

GesWall has a very good potential and I hope product support will be more aggressive together with product development. Indeed GesWall 3.0 is due...I see that ver2.9 was still from early last year..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.