German update ATI11.8064 failure.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DerPriester1970, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

I builded a rescue media of vers. 8064 german. The resc.media boots up fine. Then I will restore the system from the rescue media and will select a backup location but then the program crashed. No locations are available. Only the word workplace= Arbeitsplatz is standing in the left window. Nice try acronis but it is unable to make a backup or restore by the rescue media.

2. Balu

Balu Registered Member

Here the same problem on three different systems. A rescue media cd nor the startup recovery manager will run.

3. Ciscosurfer

Ciscosurfer Registered Member

I have the same problem. After having read this thread I was curious about trying it out. So I built a rescue media from 8064 and started the affair trying to recover a previously made image... You cannot choose any backup location, just "Arbeitsplatz" appears and then BANG... nothing matters.
    And even if you want to do a backup having booted from the built media the same things happen.

I don't want to talk about the other mistakes and errors the program has got. No email backup possible (the program just stops), application errors and so on and so on.

And I was really astonished when I discovered this forum where people are posting who just have right the same trouble with ATI 11.

Acronis, is it possible to purchase version 10 instead? I don't want to worry about a halfway functioning piece of crap any more. I am really fed up with it.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The question is Derpriester1970, does the English version work OK for you?

You were so looking forward to the Deutsche version as well :)

Colin

5. Zweiblum

Zweiblum Registered Member

I tried to reproduce the described error. At the point where only "Arbeitsplatz" is visible, try to enter "C:" (without quotes) in the edit-box "Dateiname" an press enter. Then all locations will be shown in the dialog.

Regards
    Zweiblum

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Regarding the original issue with Acronis Bootable Media, in case you experience it on your machine, please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alex Bogomolov. Provide a brief description of the problem and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and possibly forward it to Acronis Development Team.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

7. b737x

b737x Registered Member

Same problem.

HDD: Samsung HD501LJ SATA2
    DVDRAM: LG GSA-4163B (ATA channel 2, master)
    CD-ROM: Plextor PX-40TS (Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI Controller)

Acronis support instructed me to use "quiet acpi=off noapic"
    command line parameters, but this didn't help.

I figured out a solution (better: workaround) for my system:

When inserting any dummy CD into my SCSI CD-ROM prior booting from
    ATAPI DVD-RAM makes TI working without further problems. :)

Maybe this trick works on systems with two ATAPI drives as well...

Regards,
    B737X

8. Hans Meyer

Hans Meyer Registered Member

Hello,

the same problem here with build 8064, German test version. I only see the "Arbeitsplatz" (Desktop) icon when trying to restore from a rescue CD -- but no volume is listed under Desktop. After a while the app freezes completely.

A rescue CD-R made in Build 8053, English test version works fine in this respect. At least I am able to select and restore individual files from an image (created under the German 8064 on external USB HD).

Basic configuration:
    SAMSUNG HD400LJ (internal, two NTFS partitions)
    WD 3200AAJ External USB Device (one FAT32 partition)
    HL DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H54L (internal, primary)
    TSSTCorp DVD-ROM SH-D162D (internal)
    Floppy Disk

9. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Registered Member

Hi all,

I've the same problem with the new 8064 build. Only the "Arbeitsplatz" (Desktop) icon is visible after booting, but no drives available. After some time the application is freezing.

My config:
    2 x SATA Seagate harddisks
    1 x ATAPI LG DVD-RAM
    1 x ATAPI LG DVD-ROM

The described workaround from "b737x" works also for me:
    When I insert any kind of CD into my DVD-ROM drive before I boot the rescue cd from the DVD-RAM drive, True Image works very well.

Regards

Bluecoat

10. caustic

caustic Registered Member

Is this release working with Raid0 configurations?
    Thank you in advance.

11. redshift

redshift Registered Member

hey

sorry my english is to bad, can i speak german please.

wenn ich mit der 8064 cd boote, habe ich genau die selben probleme, keine laufwerke nur den arbeitsplatz.
    mit eine usb stick booten , bringt den selben effekt.

erst wenn ich in beiden cd rom laufwerken, eine cd einlege dann klappt es.

alle versionen davor haben immer funktioniert.

2 festplatten ide master/slave
    1 dvd rom /master
    1 dvd brenner/slave
    intel chip
    asus board

thanks

redshift

12. hxllo

hxllo Registered Member

Hi,

i have the same problem with build 8064, German version. I only see the "Arbeitsplatz" (Desktop) icon when trying to backup a partition -- but no volume is listed under Desktop. After a while the app freezes completely.

With build 8027 all works.
    (Only the keyboard layout was english instead of german. This was resolved in build 8064.)

My config:
    Motherboard MSI MS-6701 (Medion OEM) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, LAN)
    Motherboard Chipsatz SiS 648
    Memory 2048 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
    1 x ATA Seagate Barracuda ST3160021A (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
    1 x ATAPI PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105
    1 x ATAPI SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612 (16x/40x DVD-ROM)
    1 x ATI Radeon 9600 TX (R300)

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    3 Partitions wtih NTFS

Regards,
    hxllo

13. lutz

lutz Registered Member

Hi all,

I got the same problem. Upgraded to TI 11 German (build 8064). Booted from Startup Recovery Manager or Rescue CD, clicked on Recover or Validate - selection window is showing "Arbeitsplatz" (My Computer on English systems), nothing else - no drives, no Acronis Secure Zone. The HDD activitiy light is on.

I didn't yet test the workaround (2nd CD drive), maybe tomorrow. Should the 2nd CD drive be enabled as boot device in bios?

Regards, lutz

14. lutz

lutz Registered Member

Helllo together,

I just tested the CD trick, and I figured out that ist isn't neccessary to have a CD in the 2nd drive during booting. It's enough to load a CD in the 2nd drive when that selection window is hanging on "Arbeitsplatz".

But now I got a mail from German Acronis support to download an ISO file for a CD. Maybe they found a solution.

Regards, lutz

15. Lotzi

Lotzi Registered Member

did the new iso helpes??

16. lutz

lutz Registered Member

No. Additionally I found out: If I boot from Startup Recovery Manager, in all of the CD/DVD drives there should be a CD/DVD loaded. ATI is not able to 'bypass' empty CD drives when loading the linux based versions. No prob when useing ATI from within Windows (XP). I love linux... :-*

lutz

17. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

Same problem for me: ATI 11.0 home hangs showing "Arbeitsplatz" icon only when booting from USB (German build 8064).

18. redshift

I will not push, but what happened yet? :)

Regards

19. Pallas

Pallas Registered Member

Does anyone have any experiences with the ATI build 8064 on a Notebook? Are there also these restore problems present?
    I just would like to know, before I update my 8027 build.

20. Ciscosurfer

Ciscosurfer Registered Member

It seems as if there's only trouble when you have more than one optical drive in your computer. As notebooks usually only have one dvd drive, ATI should work alright in this respect. So with mine, too.
    It's sooo beautiful with Acronis leaving their users alone with buggy products having paid a lot of money for. No further update in sight, no news, nothing... Just offers about opening trouble tickets, but they don't bring real solutions.
    Acronis, please tell us: When will there be an update correcting this "booting error"?

21. SammelAugust

SammelAugust Guest

Hi,
    I'm using a Notebook Evo N600c with one CD/DVD, one internal Disk and a USB disk and seeing the same behaviour with Build 8.064.
    The Startup Recovery Manager hangs after a few steps....
    Booting from CD worked fine, but this fits to the experience of other members who metioned to put a CD in each drive.

I've opened a case at Acronis, but made no progress up to now.

22. Pallas

Pallas Registered Member

Thanks for the replys. So I will wait until there is a solution before I update my ATI.

23. SammelAugust

SammelAugust Guest

Hi all,

I just got an answer on this problem, where Acronis support confirmed that this will be solved in the next release. Unfortunately they did not tell me the release date as this is against their policy.

At least one of the problems seems to be fixed soon and hopefully not repaced by a more severe one

cheers
    SammelAugust

24. mbathen

mbathen Registered Member

I hope it will be fixed in ATI11 and not in ATI12

25. redshift

hey

the update 11.8078 Works

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.