GentleSecuritity - Geswall - Leakwall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dark Shadow, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I know its been asked before about if geswall is dead, but I wonder whats going on with leakwall. It Seems Leakwall gets directed to beyondtrust.com and leakwall becomes powerbroker Desktop DLP.o_O I Hope gentle its not leading where I think it is.You can check it here.www.gentlesecurity.com

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I hear you. I'm hoping one of these days I go to gentle security forum and see "Version 3 released!" I'm not going to hold my breath though. I do believe that geswall is an excellent security app. I've always loved using it. Its too bad really I think that it's one of those apps that are right on par with defensewall and sandboxie. Not main stream but well known amongst the security crowd. Its pretty sad to watch it die slowly without any development. If it wasn't for the issue with UAC and no development, I'd probably still be using it.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Geswall has served me well before I got sandboxie license :)

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong,but I think it's safe to say that Geswall development is finished and it's being allowed to wither on the vine.:'(

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

GesWall still with Gentle Security while Leakwall taken over by power broker but still they did not tel me anything about the development of geswall. They promised to tell me in September but I did not mail them again.

I will probably switch over to SBIE with windows 8.

6. Dark Shadow

I just shot them an email about geswall and also mentioned people would like to know whats going on here at wilders.I dont expect anyone to show up here and probably should not expect a return email. I will hope for the best. I actually just installed it on my sons netbook and set it to autoblock.How secure it is know remains to be seen but I think it still provides good protection and is feather light.

I think monday, I may just pick up the phone and call them its worth the toll charge call for some sort of answer.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Djohn, Keep us updated. I'm really curious to see what you find out.

8. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I've used Geswall for almost 2 years now,with no antivirus,and no issues.

Will I use it in the future? If it doesnt work in the future,I'll have no choice but to switch to something else but until then,I have no reason to switch.

Software development lately has become very slow,much due to the economy.

Good luck all.

9. Dark Shadow

I Will indeed.

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hope they stay, being unique freeware.

11. Dark Shadow

Well its been About three days know and absolutly No tesponse from Gentle as far as email response.Not looking so good right know but ya never know.I may call them when I get time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.