Genie backup manager Home

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hello Guys and Gals:

Have Genie version 7.0.179.349 on trial for it's file backup function NOT imaging.

Whats the good the bad and the ugly from your experiences, be blunt I'm not an advocate one way or the other...

Cheers

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I paid for this software,installed on my rigs everything went smooth,but real test is restore and than everything went wrong all my backupfiles were corrupted,even at time of operating genie says everything is oke,bad,bad,bad,dropped genie for karens replicator and never looked back,its freeware but very reliable and fast,no problems with restore.

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I have the Pro version and it sucks. Just like the previous poster said is true. What a waste of money.

They hook you and then I find out I have to spend another $40 or $50 bucks for the FAM (file access manager for open files) on top of what I have spent for the program.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Why buy any file-by-file backup product (such as GBM)? I really don't get it... They are all much slower and therefore more time-comsuming than disk imaging products and most of them can't restore your system if your OS gets corrupted or if your boot-disk crashes! While I can understand using a file-synchronizing program (e.g., to merge 'common' folders/files on a desktop and laptop), imho file-backup programs are obsolete. So I say forget about GBM and get a disk-imaging program.

5. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Same as other on Genie - hook you and then have to pay more for what should have been basic functionality. i use SyncBackSE, very inexpensive and license allows I believe install on 5 different ocmputers and it does copy open files and is relatively fast.

Gary

6. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Geez, it looks as though I'm the odd man out here. GBM has been good to me. It backs up data on two of my boxes daily. Recovery has never been an issue. I have to agree about the FAM Scam. It should be included w/ the basic program. I also use SyncBack to sync all data to NAS at the end of the day. If I knew about this terrific app prior to buying GBM, I would have gone w/ SyncBackSE that handles open files at less than 1/2 the prices of GBM.

...screamer

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Thanks, guys! Enough already... I'm going to delete it NOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.