General restoration help question!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I've only ever restored some files via Ghost and my external HD, using the Ghost GUI to do so, so I'm not sure how to do the following! We are going to Boston tomorrow to visit a couple of my children. My son-in-law's Dell lap top, just 13 months old died over the weekend. There had been trouble with the clock never sinking for months and after searching he discovered it was the prelude to mother board failure. All of which is another story, back on track! My daughter just called and said she recently had dozens of photos printed of her daughter which she is using to make a scrapbook for her husbands birthday. Her husband had folders of the dig pics sorted by the age of our grand daughter and they are all backed up on an external HD. When we connect this HD to another pc, so we can figure out the babys age, will we be able to just navigate with Windows Explorer? Will we need the software that was used to upload the files or are there also other issues? Thank You!

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

You should be able to just connect the HD and navigate using Windows Explorer, unless the photos are stored in a non-standard format (I doubt it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.