General questions about SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Super Newbie, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super Newbie

Super Newbie Guest

Hi there,
    I was wondering if someone could help me out with some general questions about SpywareBlaster?

I am wondering if it has a central management console, or if it is stand alone software? If I bought and installed this on 100 computers here at work, could I manage them centrally or would I just set up the automatic updates and cross my fingers while praying that they all work individually?

How often does this program get updates? Weekly?

Does the program need any funny ports opened in a firewall for the autoupdates to work, or can I send it all out over port 80?

Thanks a lot!

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

3. Same guy

Same guy Guest

So I would have to install it on all 100 machines, then turn on Autoupdate and just hope that none of them fail to update because I would have no way to find out about it?
    That works, I just wanna make sure I know exactly what is doable.

4. bigbuck

5. Me Again

Me Again Guest

Yeah, I've looked there.
    For 10 bucks I can get an automatic updating thingy, I figure I would do that because I don't have time to run around to every machine and update it.

As long as the thing uses port 80 I think I'll be alright as long as it autoupdates and doesn't have a management console.

6. bigbuck

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

The auto-update feature is set to update on reboots, so the machine would have to be shutdown and rebooted to trigger the auto-update process.
    Yes, SB updates through port 80 and does not use a MMC...

HTH ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.