General Questions about Drive Backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by n8chavez, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

For starters, you'll have to forgive my ignorance in this because I've never used the Paragon Drive Backup product line. I've emailed support a while ago but have received no reply.

• The offer that I see on the website is for Paragon Drive Backup Pro 9.0 for $39.99 (autumn special). When I go to download a demo of it I'm sent to the Pro 10.0 download, but the trial key that's sent to me is for 9.0.
    • There is no product information, changelog or price, for Paragon Drive Backup Pro 10. What is it's price? I'm not talking bout the recovery suite
    • Given the current price of 9.0 is it still possible to buy that version?
    • What is the Windows recovery disc like; winpe 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0? Also, is is a full-blown PE disc, or is it limited to Paragon functions like ShadowProtect's?

Thanks.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

About the Recovery Disc: Drive Backup 9 Pro is WinPE 2.0, B&R 10 is WinPE 2.1. Both are limited to Paragon´s functions.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello n8chavez,

Drive Backup 10 Professional is not yet available. Once it is, DB 9 Pro will be taken off the shelf and the $39.95 price will also not be available.

4. n8chavez

That's unfortunate. Why would a product be available for download that's not even ready yet. No matter because the fact that the PE disc is limited to Paragon functions is a deal-breaker for me; I frequently use WinPE when working others' systems and having an all-in-one would be nice.

5. Paragon_Tommy

N8chavez,

Get the Backup & Recovery 10 Suite demo, it's basically the PRO version of Drive Backup 10 with additional features.

6. n8chavez

I was given a very generous discount is Drive Backup 10 Professional, so I took advantage of it. I wonder though if I am doing something wrong, because there are a couple features that I stil cannot seem to use. I've used the trial for the full 30 days but have never attempted to use any features apart from backup, apart from the recovery CD. I still cannot use the mount feature and I don't know why. As you can see from the screenshot below, the option is greyed out despite the fact that my HDD images are added to the archive. That is a very important feature for me.

Any ideas?

sshot-1.gif

7. Paragon_Tommy

Check in the Help tab that you have the latest build: 10505

Change "Show All" to "Show Partition". What OS are you running? In Windows XP Device Manager, there's a device called "Universal Image Mounter".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.