Geez Bitefender, come on.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aniku

aniku Registered Member

hey dude, MY opinion is to NOT use Bitdefender, there is no improvements and no diffrient between 2008 and year 2009 in detection, it's the same.

But funny that it is a huge improvements on heuristik and detection rate from Avira8 and new version that will be released soon avira new version9

¨
    They made a huge improvements at detection the avira Lab, so i would recommend use Avira9 free version soon with antispyware and HIPS, better protection for 0 $ then to buy$ Bitdefender2009 it coast money$ and you have less protection.

That's just my opinion, i want better protection and i get it for free instead buying worse protection :)

2. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Hey Dude *puppy* ,

I suppose that you are talking to me. It's ussually appropriate to reffer to the person that you are replying to. Than can be done by quote or mentioning the members name.

I really appreciate you opinion and desire to help.
    Fell free to send me p.m. and tell me more about you opinions regarding AV's.

What if i have already an license from the past for BD?

Should i use BD or should i go to for free AV's - Avira, Avast,Rising, Avg...
    This is more an rethorical question.

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello aniku,

I have to disagree with you. Did you even tried BitDefender previous versions? I mean prior than 2008 (version 12)
    The most important improvements are: the behavioral blocker which wasn't there in the previous BitDefender versions. Now you can configure it. There is also now an intrusion detection system (if you are using Internet Security or Total Security).

You shouldn't always rely on virustotal results. Most of the time BitDefender blocks the malicious files so they aren't downloaded. I have proof that with one file that isn't being detected on virustotal is detected when you visit the hosting sites. Also a different version is used on virustotal than the current available consumer solutions. BitDefender has some good generic detections.

Another improvement will be in the cloud technology for unknown files. That will be included in the next BitDefender version. I don't think that it will be included in one of the product upgrades of the current version.

Kind regards,
    Niels

Hello renegade08,

I did and still doing the support from the beginning of the official forum. I was also a couple of months inactive as moderator on the BitDefender forum. So I don't know what experience you had with other moderators.

It's absolutely true that every computer configuration is different. That is a fact. You should try to do a clean windows install.(format hard disk). Install BitDefender 2009 (version 12) to see if now everything works.

Yes, the links that I provided are for the latest available version of BitDefender version 11. One warning some bugs aren't fixed in version 11 like the freeze bug when trying to mount an image in read mode when you using Acronis true image,or when identity control doesn't look at the exceptions you made so the page will not be blocked.

From my experience on all my 3 home computers version 11 (2008 products) and 12 are stable. I mean that I don't have serious issues. However I reported some bugs that got fixed. Don't get me wrong I am not denying that there aren't problems. You must know that people only complain when they have problems. When that happens they forget that there are also lots of happy users. Search other vendors forums and you will find lots of problems also. Most of the time it's the same question that is asked over and over again. So it looks that there are many problems.

Kind regards,
    Niels

4. aniku

aniku Registered Member

Yes i've tried both them and they have same engine, and some AV test has been made from av-test and it had the same rate.
    Who mention "VirusTotal" ? I didn't compaire it to Virustotal , where do you see my post about that Niels ?

And you must admit that now with antispyware protection and free avira NEW VERSION 9 will have better protection then bitdefender2009 so why loosing money $ in less protection in bitdefender2009 that's just a fact and just look at the av test's out there.

I just wanna show people that they don't have to throw their money in trash instead get better protection for free , hell yeah why not :D

5. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Hey dude ,try BD on your own then talk .You talk a lot using other people words and impressions .Maybe you should use antivirus software for real and trial it by yourself.
    BD 2009 real time scaner engine is much better compared to the one in BD 2008.
    Hint :if you red BD forums 3-4 months ago maybe you know about the virus message bug which was a sign of improovements on heuristics.
    Dude try & test by yourself then talk :p .

6. aniku

aniku Registered Member

dude dude, so many dude words from you :p

didn't you read my post? i said i used bitdefender2008 & 2009 trial, they use same engine!!!!!

Dude i can't find antivirus test from pcmag, av-test org, and av-comparatives org, but from av-test org i saw 2008 and 2009 exactly same score, and even av-comparatives says it's no diffrient they use SAME ENGINE do you bd fan guys understand what SAME ENGINE means?

No "huge" diffrience or improvements from last year and on this new 2009 version.

I would absolutely go for BETTER protection and even FREE no need to spend money then instead spend money£ and get less protection wow :D , i haven't lost my mind yet i think :-*

7. normishmael

normishmael Guest

Running a "Dude" free zone here,much prefer "Catfish",but are you saying one should use Avira9 and a HIPs,or are you saying Avira 9 free will come with HIPs?
    I know anti-spyware protection is being added,but I don't thank there will be HIPs in the free version.

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

The topic is about BD n not Avira!

9. normishmael

normishmael Guest

umm-humm ,and in keeping with the Guru words in your signature BitDefender may be worth a very close look.
    or ClamWin.

10. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

11. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello aniku,

Keep in mind that in these tests the additional protection wasn't tested. I mean behavioral scanner and intrusion detection system that the user should use.You must consider that also. I just mentioned virustotal if you just looked at that and see oh BitDefender missed that. Because sometimes BitDefender realtime protection http traffic scanner blocks infections.That are improvements in prevention.

Sorry to say but all what you have to say are posts to praise Avira. That is fine. But only do that in topics that are dedicated to Avira.

Kind regards,
    Niels

12. aniku

aniku Registered Member

i still can't understand why the word Virustotal is mention so many times?
    i haven't mention virustotal at all.

I belive in av-test, av-comparatives and pcmag, and all other test shows that avira free is better then bitdefender, so why buy when you can get for free that is what i want people around to know.

i can't understand why you won't admint that bitdefender will never be as light and as good in detection as avira, but that's just my though right :p and all other av test that shows and also my own test that i have alot of new unknown files and see that bd does not detect half of what avira has detected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.