GData IS 2013 - BankGuard active?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by silverfox99, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

So i'm giving GData IS 2013 a whirl, did some online banking, didn't notice any icon or browser change or anything to indicate whether BankGuard was activated or not? This normal? Having been through the clean and simple GUI can't see any mention of BankGuard anywhere there either, no settings, nothing. Have checked the website and BankGuard definitely included in Gdata IS.

Am i missing something, or is BankGuard very very silent with no settings to speak of?

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I believe that you have to have your browser installed before G-Data. I know that in Firefox its shows up as an add-on. I could not tell you what it does though. I have never seen a pop-up or alert. I would assume G-Data does its thing in the background and the add-on is just a reminder that its there.

3. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I'm using IE9. Maybe you're right there's no icon to tell when bankguard active. Just the first time i seen that with WSA, F-Secure, Kaspersky etc there is an icon notification or coloured browser edges etc so you can tell when the https banking protection activates. Kind of makes me feel more 'potected' hen that happens and a bit worried in this case when it doesn't, but maybe thats just me.

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I would not worry. I think BankGuard is just a module to stop man in the middle attacks. I have had no problem with G-Data myself, and its kinda how it works with them, the program likes to be set and forget.

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

On IE9 you'll be asked to enable BankGuard the first time you open the browser right after GData is installed.
    You may also want to confirm banking protection is actually active by checking add-ons under browser settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.