Gdata AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T_Durden, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

Read some of the comments here but only maybe 2. I was wondering if its worth a shot and if it has good tech support? running win7 FF

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! The product itself is superb...unfortunately it's tech support and customer service...both pre and post sales are located out of Germany...and as i've intimated in past threads...this is G-Data's Achilles Heel. Now...they do have a U.S.A. Website...note website...not located in the U.S.A. with American speaking personnel...nor do they have a 800-Toll Free American Number...with pre and post sale personnel to answer inquiries. What they do have is a U.K.Toll Free number that provide Chat Style response...but it seems all Technical Queries would be relayed to Head Office in Bochum,Germany. And as stated they were notoriously poor in providing a Positive Customer Experience. Now having stated this they have an individual called Ford Prefect who has been very helpful in handling inquiries and providing updated info regarding G-Data. And Ford claims that G-Data is supposedly working on providing a Customer Contact American Presence. Cleverbridge out of Chicago or Digital River are two e-billing companies that come to mind. But neither company provide Technical Support for the Customer. It's up to you to contact G-Data by e-mail to sort any Technical details...and unfortunately a response is an adventure in itself. So unless your technically savvy...I would think twice before making a purchase decision. Sincerely...Securon

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

If this is just for personal use, just grab the IS 2011 for free through a TrialPay offer.... ;)

Then who cares about the support, you didn't pay anything for it, so then enjoy it like I am. :)

4. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I tried to download the trial. I would not load. It is a giant download,like 240+ meg. So I was unable to even do the trial.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Great Software, but according to lots of people Bad customer support :D

6. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Great antivirus software with high occupation rates.

7. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

well without support or knoing what im doing i'kl pass on it for now but am still in need or want of a reliable program that isnt a security suite. May just wait for KAV since i read a few places that it will be a bit faster and more stable than 2010. I have never used it but have wanted to even though its been said to be large and a hog. My pc has next to nothing 3rd party or games etc.. and i have more space then ill need for some time so it wont make a big impact to me. someone who can really gauge the speeds may see it but i cant see it or care if it works. Thats everyone. Thats such a shame that the support is so bad on such a product being praised as a good one. I have heard the same about trustport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.