Gdata AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T_Durden, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

Read some of the comments here but only maybe 2. I was wondering if its worth a shot and if it has good tech support? running win7 FF

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! The product itself is superb...unfortunately it's tech support and customer service...both pre and post sales are located out of Germany...and as i've intimated in past threads...this is G-Data's Achilles Heel. Now...they do have a U.S.A. Website...note website...not located in the U.S.A. with American speaking personnel...nor do they have a 800-Toll Free American Number...with pre and post sale personnel to answer inquiries. What they do have is a U.K.Toll Free number that provide Chat Style response...but it seems all Technical Queries would be relayed to Head Office in Bochum,Germany. And as stated they were notoriously poor in providing a Positive Customer Experience. Now having stated this they have an individual called Ford Prefect who has been very helpful in handling inquiries and providing updated info regarding G-Data. And Ford claims that G-Data is supposedly working on providing a Customer Contact American Presence. Cleverbridge out of Chicago or Digital River are two e-billing companies that come to mind. But neither company provide Technical Support for the Customer. It's up to you to contact G-Data by e-mail to sort any Technical details...and unfortunately a response is an adventure in itself. So unless your technically savvy...I would think twice before making a purchase decision. Sincerely...Securon

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

If this is just for personal use, just grab the IS 2011 for free through a TrialPay offer.... ;)

Then who cares about the support, you didn't pay anything for it, so then enjoy it like I am. :)

4. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I tried to download the trial. I would not load. It is a giant download,like 240+ meg. So I was unable to even do the trial.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Great Software, but according to lots of people Bad customer support :D

6. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Great antivirus software with high occupation rates.

7. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

well without support or knoing what im doing i'kl pass on it for now but am still in need or want of a reliable program that isnt a security suite. May just wait for KAV since i read a few places that it will be a bit faster and more stable than 2010. I have never used it but have wanted to even though its been said to be large and a hog. My pc has next to nothing 3rd party or games etc.. and i have more space then ill need for some time so it wont make a big impact to me. someone who can really gauge the speeds may see it but i cant see it or care if it works. Thats everyone. Thats such a shame that the support is so bad on such a product being praised as a good one. I have heard the same about trustport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.