Gdata 2014 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by newone, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! What's not to Like Already! Lol! Sincerely...Securon

2. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

Would have to agree w/ you Securon,Gdata is a Excellent choice for a AV...I've used it in the pass w/ OA premium worked great on my system...Still have 190 days left on my Emsisoft security pack license ...or I would give it a spin...Gdata AV w/ OA firewall makes for rock solid protection in my opinion.

3. Securon

Good Evening! Ripcord...both products are superb...so in my estimation it truly is a win...win...decision. I as you would like to use OA firewall...but when I try to install it...it states confliction with Sun Systems Virtual Box...this was installed when using Panda's I.S.Suite...last yr. I've tried locating and uninstalling the Virtual Box component...but it appears it's hidden somewhere within my system files. I know Emsisoft wanted to use Team Viewer to try and remedy the situation...at the time I was reluctant...in accepting there assistance. Perhaps in the future I might reconsider their offer. Sincerely...Securon

4. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Running the following command on an administrator command prompt should do the trick:
    Code:
    sc delete VBoxNetFlt
    You can also just use a tool like AutoRuns to locate and delete the VBoxNetFlt driver.

Don't forget to reboot after you removed the driver ;).

5. Securon

Good Evening! Many thanks Fabian for your Prompt Reply...I'll take your advice and get back to you shortly...hopefully...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

6. Securon

Good Evening! Fabian...I entered sc delete VBoxNetFlt...into Command Prompt...it sent the reply...The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Then I went into system internals...unchecked the boxes...next to V-Box drivers...that was the instruction given on the Windows Website. I then went to Emsisoft's Website...downloaded On Line Armour...and it provided the same message On Line Armour detects Sun Virtual Box with Bridged Networking...this is incompatible with On Line Armour. Don't know where to go from here...maybe you might be able to provide an alternate solution. Sincerely...Securon

7. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

I'll tell you one thing,you can't beat that for support...A+ Emsisoft customer service....Gdata could learn much from Emsisoft when it comes to support..

8. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Unchecking the boxes will disable the drivers, but not remove them. Online Armor checks if the drivers are present, so just disabling them won't cut it. You will have to delete the entries either through the right click menu or by pressing CTRL and D.

9. Securon

Good Morning! Your absolutely correct Ripcord...many thanks for going above and beyond...to Fabian Wosar...in Representing Emsisoft...and providing a World Class Customer Service experience. As a result I've re-installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware on my P.C....with the hopes of being able to install On Line Armour in the not too distant future. Hopefully together a solution can be found. Sincerely...Securon

10. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Yes, my owns tests. One of the only files detected by engine (B) was Eicar. Which does not say much compared to Avast! Its still a good product due to BitDefender, but its really weakened itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.