Gave up on Outpost

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WilliamP, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you Blue. I'm not sure what I will do. I don't think that I will give Outpost another try. If my money is gone ,it is gone. I would not trade any of my other programs for Outpost because I fell that I need it the least. I may try Zone alarm free. Not that I don't want to pay ,but from what I understand it is not as cofigurable and that is fine. I only need a firewall to check anything on my system tring to call out.

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

If you really give Outpost thumbs down try Netveda, because that one is light and does out of the box exactly what you ask for! And for free... what more can you wish for ;)

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Sometimes you do just have to step back and move on and you're the only one who can make that decision - and at this point it is a reasonable approach to take. From the needs you mention, ZoneAlarm free should be just fine.
    Blue

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The Agnitum site and Outpost forum is up but a few people are having problems accessing them (see Outpost Forum or Agnitum.Com). The problem is almost surely due to filtering by Ev1.net for some reason so, while frustrating for those affected, this can be worked around and cannot be blamed on Agnitum.

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Nope this cannot be blamed at Agnitum. This has nothing to do with the Firewall...with all due respect to Paranoid2000 (Thanx again P2K) but sometimes it has nothing to do with the active content. it's that memory protection that played a big part in uninstalling Outpost here...for some it worked out perfectly...others where having bsod's (I didn't have them, and I considered Outpost as one of the best programmes I had in years...), this couldn't explained either...sometimes having low level drivers/software can cause problems, wether it's userbased or not :)

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

If you mean Open Process Control, then it should be more configurable in the next release (with the ability to add exceptions for trusted programs, along with Hidden Process Control). However OPC does give a popup alert and it is logged (in the Alerts Tracker section) so I doubt that it is the cause of the original poster's issues.

Given the number of posts made here and elsewhere, I'd suggest that there has been enough troubleshooting and this issue should be laid to rest. There may have been a software conflict here, but without further input nothing can be confirmed.

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thanx P2K, I know this is probably some low level conflict (changed from videocard to ATI and their drivers are very difficult for a lot of programs). I hope this get solved cause it would be on my setup stante pede.
    Outpost rules...no matter what they say (I had it long enough so I feel free to say this :)) ..
    Andy

8. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Outpost is not good. I'm not as computer literate as some of you folks. Outpost just didn't like my setup. I have downloaded Zone Alarm free to see how it works. So far so good .The only thing I have noticed is if I am off the internet for any time and click on Mailwasher it won't connect. I have to click on Firefox to establish a connection then go to mailwasher.

9. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I agree, Goodnight;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.