Gatekeeper Pico

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bgoodman4, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

2. bgoodman4

Any opinions as to its effectiveness (guesses and opinions accepted of course) will be appreciated if you have not used or heard about this device before. It sounds very good but then lots of things do and then turn out to be a disaster.

The following is from the devices web-site, I am posting it to hopefully spark some interest.

PS: it just occurred to me that this probably/possibly should be on the Hardware forum. Mind you it is a combination hardware/software item so perhaps its OK for it to remain here (where I suspect it will see more traffic).

3. bgoodman4

4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

bgoodman4, nice find of an interestingly new approach to PC security, thanks to bringing this here. I for one would also be very interested to hear more from someones who had the occasion to test it.

Found this review of it, dating from June 25, 2007

5. bgoodman4

Thanks for the link to the review, Interesting and informative even if it was a few years old.

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

An older thread at DSLR about it:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17951932

(PS: I think of it as a "hardware firewall" (or maybe appliance is a better word?); maybe the firewall section is a better place for the thread than the software section).

7. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

A few days ago I bought one.
    I'll make a post/minireview next week (I'm testing it right now). So far seems a great product.

ps. Their support is simple fantastic. Both the live support and the support through their ticket system give accurate answers and they respond to the emails in minutes! (I had to contact them 2-3 times for some detailed info that I could not find in their online Knowledge Base).

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.