Garbage

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Garbage, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garbage

Garbage Registered Member

This software is garbage. Every other day it's a new problem (on 3 different computers!). And now I find out that Acronis only supports it for 30 days...what a joke. I actually believed the nice looking web site and the "set and forget" hype. I just wanted a reliable backup program. I didn't want to have to hire an IT guy just to support it. I have two small businesses and can't spend time every day trying to fix my backup software on 3 different machines. What a complete waste of money since I can't even get support. I will now have to buy something else (that works) for my businesses. STAY AWAY unless you are an IT guy and need to justify your job.

2. hamzah95

hamzah95 Registered Member

LOL i couldn't boot up my computer after installing acronis. My windows would hang at the windows xp logo screen (with the blue bar moving across) and safe mode won't work aswell, my cd drive was frozen, and thank god my safe mode with networking was working. LOL:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Working absolutely fine here with no problems - as it has been doing since I installed it back in February.

To the OP - rather than ranting and raving that it's garbage why don't you try and explain what the problems are you've been experiencing so that someone on here maybe able to help you.

4. Garbage

Garbage Registered Member

If I intended to keep using it I would do so but I have already invested too much time in something that was supposed to be "set and forget". I am trying to run a business and was looking for something reliable...this isn't it.

5. GTX11

GTX11 Registered Member

ATI Home 2009 is the worse POC I have ever seen. It will not run scheduled backups, It takes for ever to respond. God help me if I have to use it to recover. It only takes about 2.5 hours for a backup. I am using a quad 4 Intel chip with 8gigs of ram. Trying to contact support is a freakin joke.

6. jonkoer

jonkoer Registered Member

Possibly because OP - unlike the rare occasional lucky person such as yourself who experiences "no problems" - has found the multitude of problems he's experienced in the brief time since installing the product to be quite overwhelming, and does not have time to compose a twenty-page, single-spaced document to describe all of those problems in sufficient detail for the Acronis Engineering and Quality Control (do they exist?) staff to be able to address them.

Or possibly because he's been around the block with Acronis products a few times, and has experienced many times, over the years, how Acronis products have almost ALWAYS been released with ENORMOUS numbers of flaws that SHOULD HAVE BEEN detected and fixed BEFORE the product was ever deemed ready for release-to-marketing. (And "almost ALWAYS" is being charitable here -- I cannot recall a single ATI release since v.6 which was an exception to this statement.)

you might answer, "Well, yeah, but even Microsoft products are released buggy-as-hell" (i.e., it's unavoidable). But, in Microsoft's defense (and I'm hardly their champion), they are dealing with several hundred million more lines of code to be debugged, and also consider that the Acronis products are sold with the PRIMARY PURPOSE of DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION, so RELIABILITY is the very "raison d'etre" for these products, therefore making adequate QC even more obligatory than for the "average" software company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.