GAOTD: Free Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced V9.24

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wearetheborg, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Jeez, their freebees keep piling in backstore!

3. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I use the 2009 version for basic DVD burning and it has been troublefree. I'll get this one when I get back from my bike ride.

4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

chinook9, please drive carefully while typing on your keyboard. Your reply have made me scared for you!
    Wouldn't like to inadvertedly miss another Wilders' community gifted member.

5. wearetheborg

Anyone know if this can only be installed today?

I installed on XP-64; it unfortunately needs admin privileges to run (after install). Other than that, seems to be a good program. There is a backup feature available which I havent explored --- anyone know what that provides?

6. ABee

ABee Registered Member

It can be installed anytime. You should probably go ahead and register today though, so you'll know you have an installation 'key', which they'll send you via your registration e-mail address.

Like ruinebabine, I now have about half-a-dozen different versions of Ashampoo Burning Sudio, all acquired through various free give-aways. And an account at their website.
    I still find Burning Studio 6 to be quite sufficient for my needs, but I stockpile the various installers anyway.

Just be aware-- Ashampoo will spam you mercilessly. No third-party spam, just constant offers on discount purchases to their own various softwares.
    You might want to keep that in mind when deciding on which of your e-mail addresses you want to give them, if you have multiple ones.

And yes, Burning Studio requires Admin. privileges. Using 'Runas' works perfectly well from a limited account, however.

7. wearetheborg

I got the installation key; when I installed the exe it said "checking GAOTD for availability" and then proceeded....so I was just curious if this could be installed after today.

And thanks for the warning about spam ... I used a "spam" email account for registering :D

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

9. wearetheborg

You are right, they are the same :D :p

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

This is very good burning software for doz.

K3b rulez!:D

11. wearetheborg

I wonder if GAOTD serial code works on the v3 store exe...I gather that the GAOTD exe can only be used today.

12. ABee

ABee Registered Member

You're apparently right, in this case.

Quoted from the 'readme' file:

The 'Setup.exe' file is also different from previous ones, nor do I recall there being 'readme' files attached to the previous installers-- though it's possible I simply deleted them, but I don't think so.

The folder where I keep the installers:

Ash.png

So yeah, If you want to install it, perhaps the wise move is to go ahead and do it today.
    Sometimes the claims don't always turn out to be the case, but if you wait and then find out it's not installable, you're out in the cold.

Obviously, there are plenty of other burning softwares available, both free and paid, but Ashampoo is a generally highly regarded one.
    Certainly I have no problem recommending it, based on my experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.