GAOTD Drive Copy saves the day

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by newJason, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newJason

newJason Registered Member

About a year ago I got Paragon Drive Copy 9.5 as a GiveAwayOfTheDay.
    I was totally lost on how to use it. I did a lot of reading and learning and with the help of the people here in this Thread I was able to make a BartPE CD. for windows XP3.
    About 6 months ago I used Drive Copy to Migrate my 80 gig HD that was getting very full, to a new 320 gig HD. It took about 30 min, I plugged the new HD in and all i noticed is that i had more free space and more speed. I was Impressed.

Today my machine became un bootable and i was getting a Drive not found and a NTLDR missing message. My computer is old and i got a much faster newer one without an OS as a barebone system for cheap. Thinking I was screwd after copying the new NTLDR files to the bad drive and it still not booting, I took a shot at System Migration. Plugged my bad drive in the new system, booted to my BartPE CD, Ran the P2P wizard ... it took 35 seconds and said, Migration Complete. Please Reboot the computer. I was thinking to myself, there is no way that worked. But i rebooted and YEAH! I have my system on new hardware and its 10x faster and no more error messages.

It was so easy it was scary. So i just wanted to say Thanks to everyone at paragon for making such a great product. Also thanks for the help on these fourms. It was a lot of time i spent learning what PE is and how and why to make my own, but all that time and trouble paid off today big time.
    Awesome. I'm so happy! :thumb:

2. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I hate I missed that one. Most of the time GAOTD has junk but sometimes you get lucky. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.