GameGuard conflict with Nod32 Smart Secur.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Nuk, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuk

Nuk Registered Member

Hallo I need help.

I have problem with my nod32.
    I'm playing game LineAge 2 Gracia part 2 where is GameGuard / nprotect/.
    After start game when is GameGuard updatet come conflict with Nod32 and then come fast restart computer.When is nod32 only deaktivatet problem is
    continuing.

Only about complete deinstalation nod32 game startet with GameGuard perfect.

GameGuard with nod32.. this is for my = restart :(
    I have : legal Windows XP sp3 new clear installation .. no viruses
    All my games are perfect in fuction.. only games with GameGuard.
    Restart is very fast without report.

Can some one help my please,please.please

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I have no idea what that is but, have you tried adding the game directory to exclusions?

3. g3p

g3p Registered Member

Hey, i just ran a search in google for this problem and came up with this forum.
    I think i can clear up what Nuk is trying to say, since it seems like i have a simialr problem.
    I had an old version of eset and upgraded to 4.0 however when i tryed to start the same game it started to launch, which is the time when it launches GameGuard (http://gameguard.nprotect.com/ in case you arent familar with it) the problem i had was my computer froze then screen went blank and the computer restarted, no BSOD no system err. message when windows restarted and no log in event manager.
    I LOVE nod32 i wouldnt want to use anything else, however this is a major setback, i tryed even disabling nod32 and this still occured, tryed adding game folder to list of exclusions and still.
    When i used a patch to get past GameGuard that is sometimes used i had no problems starting the game.

4. g3p

g3p Registered Member

ok well i didnt know that eset site linked directly to this forum, but now i do, so anyway im back to say i tryed unisntalling nod32 and the game is back to working again. Did forum search and saw this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=232080&highlight=GameGuard ill try that when i have the time later and if it works i will be happy.
    anyway thank you all, ill be checking back here to try and fix it and inform anyone else who needs to know.

5. killua24

killua24 Registered Member

I am also having the same problem like you guys... I am using ESS 4.0.314 and I am playing Ragnarok Online(RO) w/ GameGuard... When I start RO and when the GameGuard starts my computer automatically restarts... I completely disabled the firewall but the problem was still there, I also tried disabling the Antivirus scanner... I couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled ESS and I could play RO now w/out problems...

I hope you can help us...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.