Gameguard and Lineage II

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fl0ppy, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fl0ppy

fl0ppy Registered Member

I'm trying to play this game but: not only Eset Smart security complain of some "unwanted" application packed with Themida (Gameguard protected main executables) but block the access at the servers as well...

I've tried to put in the exclude list and also to deactivate from the tray icon firewall and spyware but the problem persist. I reach to connect just if I totally uninstall Eset.

Gameguard is used in a whole lot of online games cause is "supposed" to prevent cheating, could you please give an eye at the game and see if you can improve the situation?

You guys will have the gratitude (and the money) of millions of gamers that like me dont like the solution that is the most common on those cases (uninstall the AV and FW).

Ps I a run windows Vista Ultimate sp2 with 4.0.437 Eset smart security suite (latest at the moment of posting)

2. robis

robis Registered Member

You must put L2 directory , SYSTEM directory and this "unwanted" file to exluded list then you do not see this message (this works great for all free servers) . Or play on NCSoft official servers not on free servers with extenders (Do you know what is your extender dooing? I think no.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.