game giving Kis 7 a fit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Was running Kis 7 & it was running real good, unfortunately I upgraded a game I have that creates files as you play it (baseball-boxscores) as it does so Kis calls all those files threats so it fires off. I know they are a FP & I have the game in exclusions but it is still firing off. In advance don't fire off at me Don, I've already moved back to Nod32 as it's effective & less FP & Look n' Stop. I did like what I had seen & will stay on my wifes but on my case I just could play my game....This did not happen in 6 so it has to be something that was added in 7...

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Did you check what the alerts were saying? Maybe it was from the PDM.

3. larryb52

it could of been but a couple AV's sees my game as an unknown variant so I just use the exception to make it ignore the whole game. This time it just didn't like the exception & over rode it...

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I hope the game is not crack/illegal copy thus having little change of being real threat . However if the game is not legal copy , it is very likely for its files to be (infected by) real threats

5. larryb52

no I deal with the owner of the game company & it's legit. He sure take my $ fast enough ;-) so it's on the up & up. I do find it refreshing tho that Nod32 & some others don't see it or the additional files it creates as a potential malious code. BTW HI Tech you need to change your theory on FP, you use this same attack each time a person suspects a FP. I don't deal in stolen anything...

6. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I don't think any member uses illegal/crack softwares. The reasons are too obvious after spending any time reading posts here. I'm sure even "lurkers" get that point. :rolleyes: :cautious: :eek:

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

OT:
    I used to use no-cd cracks in the past when I attended alot of LAN parties (I owned all the games BTW). I always hated carrying a box of game cd's with me, especially if I was going out of state.

8. fce

fce Registered Member

so whats good security with gamers PC?

KAV+Vista Firewall+Router Firewall will be good or just KAV+Router Firewall?

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Id go for KAV and the router. The router would provide good inbound protection at no cost to your PC's resources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.