G-Data?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I'm trying out total security 2013....I can't any password protection for safe banking..anyway to turn it on?:D
    tom
    I guess its called Bank guard..Trying the trial of total security but I can't find it and the suite is supposed to include it!!!

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Tomdy2k...there's a new version...now called G-Data 2014 product line. The Bank Guard is a background component...meaning their is no visible Gui...available unlike those found on Bitdefender or Avast products. But it's supposedly running deep and silent...to offer protection. It's been brought up in previous G-Data threads...it would be reassuring to have a Visible Gui in reassuring the user. Sincerely...Securon

3. tomdy2k

that's kind of scary..:eek:

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Towdy2k...their are alternatives available like Trusteer Rapport...now I'm not certain if it works outside of North America...but I've used it and can attest to it's effectiveness...and best of all a lot a banks provide it as a free app for customers...North American banks that is. I reside in Canada and my bank provides the app. I'm sure if you pay a visit too their website...you'll find solutions. Or you can contact G-Data...I would recommend the U.S.A. Or British websites...as the German Website...isn't exactly prompt in providing you with a timely solution. Good Luck...in obtaining the answer to your question and search. Sincerely...Securon

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Why is that?

6. fax

fax Registered Member

You can check with process explorer: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2220381&postcount=20

7. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I prefer the Bank Guard being hidden. Its working without being in your face and being invisible sometimes is a good thing to stop Malware writers knowing its there or how it functions.

8. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Well all malware writers need to do is install GDATA and then they would know its there and they could also fathom how it functions too.

All malware writers need to do is read forums like this for the info.

So the fact it is invisible is totally irrelevant and pointless.

9. Taliscicero

Malware writers generally work off of whats known already to the community. Most of the time they are just as lazy as the rest of us unless its a special circumstance. Hence they won't bother to install software to discover how to break BankGuard. The fact that its harder to notice means there is less chance a malware writer will give a damn and will just focus on general circumvention or other antimalware products.

10. tomdy2k

I guess not seeing a gui makes me wonder if it works for every banking site:D ....Or like Trend micro there are un supported sites that you have to submit!!

11. Taliscicero

I believe it works similar to Webroot, where it detects HTTPS and acts accordingly.

12. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Agreed.

They focus on the OS vulnerabilities and/or how to circumvent the most popular antimalware apps.

On the other side, sadly I had to get rid of the new v2014 momentarily because of conflicts on my machines.

13. Taliscicero

What's conflicting? I could not imagine it conflicting with anything?

14. Macstorm

The AV 2014 v.24.0.1.1 released on 3/14/13 was working very very good on my laptop with Windows 8 Pro for about 3 weeks, until the machine started acting strangely (unable to shut it down properly, random freezings of OS once pc was started up, unable to open most programs and apps) that is, a horrible behavior that I honestly thought at first it was because a hardware failure or so, since I always like to run a single security app on all my pcs to prevent conflicts. Eventually to my surprise, GData was the culprit.

I am now monitoring GData (Rokop) forums and I know that a couple of updates were released thereafter to fix several issues found in all of their versions, although I'm not sure whether mine is included (it seems it is/was related to their "behavior blocker" feature applied on certain configurations).
    It looks like some people are still experiencing some problems there.

15. Taliscicero

That's interesting, and also another reason I'm staying with windows 7 until they force me off it. If that day comes its time to learn linux. :D

16. Macstorm

Coincidence or not, when I woke up this morning I received a pm from a GData support rep. on german forums.
    He sent me a support tool to fix my issue, which apparently will change some files within installed GData build. I will try it later :thumb:
    About Windows 8, I'm very happy with it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.