G Data licence extension

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by allenlux, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenlux

allenlux Registered Member

My G Data licence has just run out and I wanted to extend it. However, when I click on the "extend licence" button, I get a page with this message:

"Dear G Data customer,

we are sorry to have to inform you, that you are not able to expand your license by yourself due to technical reasons.
    Please contact the G Data Service-Center by phone:
    UK: +44 808 238 9039
    US: 1-866-90-1-70-35

Thank you very much,

G Data Software AG"

Is this normal? Is there some way round this and renew online, or do I really have to call the UK or US just to give G Data some money? I live in Luxembourg.

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

3. allenlux

allenlux Registered Member

In the end I managed to do the licence extension online through the French site. 24.95 euros for 12-month extension for 3 PCs.

Strangely enough neither of the 2 phone numbers given actually worked.

Anyway, my G Data antivirus is working again, very smoothly as usual. The current software version shows as Antivirus 2013, but it looks and behaves like the 2012 edition, which suits me fine as I don't want to contend with a new user interface every 12 months.

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Actually, I found this 2013 version much more light and swift than the previous one :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.