G Data AntiVirus 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Gave it another try since last June link when it was released, but performance issues with my laptop did prevent me from continuing the tryout process on my two pc's.

I noticed now that they had upgraded their 2013 products to version 23.0.5.9 from the initial v.23.0.019 (I ignore how many builds were released since that time).

And I frankly don't know what changes they did to their products but, specifically referring to AntiVirus, I definitely feel my laptop (2gb dual-core) much more responsive now than months ago. Everything runs just much faster.

I like its "idle scan" feature and the included BankGuard browser plugin which btw works only with IE and Firefox (I use the speedy Iron but gonna swap to IE everytime I do online banking).

So I bought a one-year license right away and I can do nothing but recommend it to everyone now.

It's a two-engined tank, mate! (doesn't weight like one though) :thumb:

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Germans have a reputation for building world-class, high quality products.

Good to know Gdata is improving their software!

3. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Glad to hear about the continued improvements..:thumb: I'll definitely be giving this another look when the time comes to make an av change.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

it is not light . Though web is nicely and browsing is fast .

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I use G-Data 2013 now, AVG was good until I had to contact support about a bug that broke laptop internet connections. Which then they ignored me and insulted my intelligence, and then claimed they could not help me because the AVG team was having a 2 day party and my problem was not important enough. G-Data is good though, x2 really good engines and this version is light enough not to effect gaming performance in any way. I like it so far.

6. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I last used the 2012 version, from what I can see in the latest screenshots, the gui looks exactly the same. I always liked it, but am surprised it's been this way as long as it has.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

well as i may agree with you on the part about german engineering.But this is not strictly a german product..Czech and romanian would be more accurate but it looks a nice program anyway.:thumb:

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just tested it again and while i can honestly say its far lighter then 2012 seemed for me its still way to heavy for my liking. everything is pretty smooth except web browsing is slowed WAY down and unzipping of files seems to be very very slow now. other than that and the shear size of it overall.. almost 1gb in size its not bad for a dual engine product with normally stellar results in tests. i have a few lics left for it that are still good i may run it on a system and see if maybe it settles in a bit.

9. Macstorm

Remember to update the program itself after the installation and reboot.

There will appear a notification at bottom of GUI as a reminder.

Verify that the updated version is 23.0.5.9 (17-Sep-12).

10. Macstorm

11. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

Just installed GData IS 2013, updated it, rebooted and all running very smoothly and no noticable slowdown on web browsing, running on a laptop with 2Meg RAM so very impressed so far.

12. Macstorm

Great :thumb:

Make sure that you're running the latest v23.0.5.9 (main gui - more tab - info)

13. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

Thanks yes i am running v23.0.5.9

With BankGuard is there an icon or anything to indicate when it is active? I was logging onto my bank today (https: IE9)and nothing to indicate BankGuard was active? Do i have to manually add which sites i want BankGuard to protect or does it just run silently?

14. Macstorm

The BankGuard feature is a browser plugin that works directly within IE and Firefox.

You just have to verify if it's enabled on your IE add-ons and extensions. There's no other indication than this, it works automatically by sandboxing (so to speak) the browser.

I'm glad that G Data has included this exceptional security feature within all their products, AntiVirus, Internet Security and Total Care :thumb:

BankGuard is also available as a standalone product, more info:

http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/onli...op/23-private-user/1790-g-data-bankguard.html
    http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/file...tail/2013/EN/GDRBG2012_EN_Factsheet_70984.pdf

15. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I will test it soon.

16. muf

muf Registered Member

Just tried it. Uninstalled KAV Pure first. Install went fine but much too slow loading each internet page. Doesn't appear to play well on my pc. I like to try things :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.