G Data 2015 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by malexous, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Register to test at https://beta.gdata.de/teilnehmen.html.

Google translation from http://www.rokop-security.de/index.php?showtopic=23482:
    Screenshots: http://malwaretips.com/threads/new-g-data-2015-productline-in-beta.20412/#post-148077.

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks for the news

2015!!! o_O Very early beta release from GData as usual

And although not really important, I'd wish they change the program's UI :doubt:

Let's see how it fares against competition in the coming year.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Any sign of their Banking Protection-BankGuard- having a visible GUI/icon in this new version, or is it still invisible?

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sorry but that's just plain idiotic. 2015 !? We haven't even passed into 2014 and they make version 2015 already. Seriously!?

5. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Good that they realize how far they're behind every decent AV.

Here, one of the many G-Dumb victims
    Evidence that anything else is better

What a joke of a "security" company...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Give them a calendar!

7. fax

fax Registered Member

Now time for you to test and help them to improve their products :D

8. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

Made in Germany? Maybe if they drop the 2nd (main) scan engine...

9. Inside Out

Really, it's not that it has BD's engine, but they add little to nothing to it on their own. There are other BD clones like Emsi, F-Secure and Qihoo that have interesting and effective in-house technologies, yet G-Data don't even know how to develop a single heuristic rule themselves, let alone decent removal and anti-phishing routines. That being said, as much as they're lacking in brainpower, I appreciate their ambition to improve themselves and their products every year.
    Trying to catch up with other AVs as soon as possible is idiotic? I get that link checking is a stupid and anti-keylogging a redundant feature, but at least they're being proactive about much-needed features otherwise. Do you want them to introduce the exploit shield into the current 2014 version only to end up with even more bugs, BSoDs and crashes?

10. gery

gery Registered Member

i will wait till :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: 2015 comes then

11. ance

ance formerly: fmon

No but it's idiotic to release a 2015 Beta in 2013. :D Or are there so many bugs to fix? :ninja:

12. Inside Out

2014 was apparently very buggy and ineffective, it even trashed a lot of systems and let a lot of others get trashed by malware when it didn't, but on Rokop they find the beta fairly fast, stable yet glitchy (no, it's not a contradiction) in general. Maybe it's just because a lot of people there have soured on G-Data because of the 2014 version, so there aren't enough people that have used the beta at all. Its web protection is also said to react a lot quicker to threats than the previous version. There don't seem to be many issues to fix, but they can work on the new exploit shield to improve the effectiveness. Maybe they can even figure out how to add heuristics into CloseGap. :ninja: However, they're not the smartest vendor, so they'll need a lot of time for that and the sooner they start the beta, the betta.

PS. Also, 8.2 will supposedly be released in January, so they can be better prepared to adjust to it if needed.

I've never thought highly of them, but their decision making is spot-on this time.

13. SuperHax

SuperHax Registered Member

Why isn't anyone banning this troll ? Always bashing threads about Gdata.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Because you only receive a yellow/red card here when bashing two particular AV's :blink:

15. moxxey

moxxey Registered Member

I'd have to agree with that. This yearly labelling used to come from security developers releasing their software in Q3 (September/October). So, in September 2012, you'd release the '2013' edition as it would be mostly on-sale through 2013.

If G-Data are planning a '2015' release in early 2014, all this will do is encourage other security developers to bring their '2015' versions forward, to compete.

Also, hasn't G-Data only just released their '2014' in the States? Can't have been more than 4 months ago.

16. fax

fax Registered Member

LOL :D

17. spywar

spywar Registered Member

totally ridiculous. :rolleyes:

18. gery

gery Registered Member

guys guys is worth fighting for gdata here ? at list wait in due time ( i meant 2015)

19. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Why all the hate is beyond me, will remain a mystery

GData keeps on 'top of charts', on mine at least :D

Stefan is right, they should honor the MIG mark...

20. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I think they are aiming to have looooong BETA period wich is why they released the BETA this early :thumb: If not then.....:doubt:

21. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I agree Inside Out has a problem, I really don't understand why he seems to stalk these and every other web forum to discredit GDATA, why? He has nothing better to do with his life?

I actually being a GDATA user have had no problems with the software, no bug's and find it works just as intended. Maybe because unlike IO, I actually know what i'm doing...

22. SuperHax

SuperHax Registered Member

I've never had any problems with Gdata 2013 & 2014 either, works flawless on 3 PC's, this guy is talking out of his ass and whats even more funny is he didnt ever use Gdata lol (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2293517&postcount=3 see second quote)

Thats kinda like having a virgin going around giving sex advice to people.

On a more on-topic side of things, i see this early naming scheme Gdata practices as a marketing trick and it actually seems to work, it gets people talking about it and thus gets the name out more, its a publicity stunt.

I am very curious to see how well the new features (keylogger and exploit protection) will perform when more tests start to pop up of the 2015 version in action, or V25, if you wanna look at it that way and ignore the marketing name.

Even though Gdata has been scoring lower than usual in tests most of the time since CloseGap was implemented, I see this engine having big potential as more times passes, from what i see it only got better and better since it came out.

23. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

2015 or ahead naming is very smart as a marketing trick, they probably themselves think its stupid as well. I can tell you that any random person at a shop seeing as an example Norton 2013 next to GDATA 2015, a lot of the time they will go for the bigger number. I was one who did not like CloseGap originally, but now grown to like it. In correct use it can quickly implements signature patches for security flaws which is why my opinion has changed.

24. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

This.

Still funny to see how my G Data 2015 will expire on January 2014 though, way ahead of time :argh:

25. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

Maybe he has been inside G Data - and now he's out:ninja:
    By the way - the current beta is running fine on my 7x64 box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.