G-Data 2012 At U.S.A./Canada Site

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! As mentioned G-Data 2012 has finally arrived at the G-Data N.American Site. It would be a plus if a user Forum can be implemented at the site,that's providing if someone from G-Data can generate interest in conjunction with its Loyal Users. What happened with Ed Johnson? I sent an e-mail about two weeks ago and not a reply. Maybe some of my fellow Wilderites can follow up with G-Data Team America and create a Positive Buzz. Sincerely...Securon

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Thanks for the news :)
    Now that you mention Eddie, i wonder where he is :D

3. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Thanks for the info..:thumb: This was a long time coming indeed..
    As for Ed Johnson, in a previous thread, someone put forth the idea that G Data HQ might have told him to keep a lower profile. It looks like they might have been correct, although if it's true, it was a bad move on G Data's part. The kind of interaction we all gained from this doesn't happen too often, and putting the kibosh on it is a loss for all. In the end, I hope all is well with Ed.

4. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

thx for the update , never tried gdata .. 2 engines.. ought to be heavy

5. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

gdata is .. so heavy it threatens 2 turn teh milky .. way in2 a black hole ,

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Actually I think the Security Suite firewall during boot up has issues with Prevx as I have a license for the Anti-Virus and their doesn't appear to be a similar conflict between the apps. Anyhow the Security Suite isn't as heavy as mentioned,I'm running 2gb of ram and everything is pretty nimble. I'm going to try it without Prevx and see what materializes. Sincerely...Securon

7. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

I ran G Data av on my old Dell Inspiron E1505 w/ no problems to mention. Very nice security program and well laid out. If it wasn't that my Vipre license went into late 2012 I would be running it now.:)

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I don't feel G-Data is that heavy, the last version i tried for a long period (1-2 months) was the 2010. The newer versions should be lighter :)

9. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

G Data IS 2011 surprised me by being as light as it was, considering the 2 engines. The 2012 version surprised me even more. For me, a definite keeper..

10. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

absolutely agree with you there my good friend. if u r used to using emsisoft then u will find gdata light as feather i think:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.