FYI to ColdMoon ie general information

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Old Fart, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Fart

Old Fart Registered Member

1) I am also having problems with 3.2.12918.5857 concerning removal of external SATA HD's, reproduced 2x's, I went back to 3.2.10853.5462.

2) I haven't seen this issue (I'm pretty sure it is a problem related to Returnil) with 3.2.10853.5462 listed within the blog: Occasionally on my three computers, all running the same OS: Win 7, Pro, 64Bit, not all the Win 7 updates/patches will install.

I then need to manually delete files using CMD to reset "Update logs/files..." so the updates will install.

This "update(s) will not install" is a random event between the three computers, it is not related to particuliar updates. Thought your programming team may want to know.

3) I am using 3.2.10853.5462 only for its "sand box". I have disabled the antiviurs (Virus Guard: Off), remote control: Off, & Auto Update: Off. My router still sees Returnil calling http://80.91.172.203 (n1.p.returnilvirtualsystem.com).

A) Why is it calling home?

B) Am I missing something in the settings, so it doesn't call home?

Thank you

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Old Fart,

1. This is known and should be cleared up in 3.3x which is in beta. Would you be willing to test against a resolution for this issue? If yes, shoot me a PM with your name and e-mail address and will add you to the testers list.

2. RSS/RVS should not have any impact on MS/Windows Update as long as the virtualization is not active. Have you run an experiment to see if you can still reproduce this issue with Returnil uninstalled?

This sounds like a problem with MS Update rather than a program issue. Have you checked the Windows Action Center for solutions to problems?

3. Do you have Virus Guard > Settings > Data Collection policy set to "Do not collect..."?

3a. The older builds before REL14 have an issue where the client will still check for cloud updates even though the user has deactivated the Virus Guard and data collection components. The program also checks to see if there are any pending messages.

3b. See reply in #3 and you can also check the rvs3.log file to see what the comm is about as it will be listed.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.