fyi... startup time for SAVce compared to NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by onward, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onward

onward Registered Member

i knew symantec had become big and slow on amount of time it takes on start up but this was absurd !!! note: sav was taking mostly 100% cpu on startup , so could not use other apps...

comp specs,,,, pent4, 1.6ghz, 512 ram

this is the time from when i would login to time cpu utilation would go down to ~0%

with symantec AV corp edition ,,, around 5min 45 sec...

with nod32,,, around 1 min 40 sec

with no antivirus around 1 min 20 sec

this is so absurd !! from what everyone is saying NOD32 provides same or better antivurus protect yet NOD32 is super fast....

anyway monday ,, will be cking into corp features of NOD32 and see how that stacks up to SAV...

just fyi... for anyone interested... thanks, joe

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

thanks for the personal experience Joe - you have found what many of us here in the forum have come to understand - the status quo, and the "name" solutions that everyone has been tolerating for so long are ridiculous resource hogs - I won't comment on why I think this is, but once you find a low-resource solution like nod32, I doubt you'll ever go back!

Enjoy you computer!

regards

Greg

ps - I'm sitting here on a 500mhz PIII laptop with win2k, that I almost threw away as unusable - UNTIL I replaced it's named solution with nod32 - now it's my road-tip laptop I leave in the hotel room for surfing and a little word processing/spreadsheet stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.