FYI: Add these cookies to database?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tkasle, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkasle

tkasle Registered Member

I use Firefox and run Ewido's Security suite (among others).I'm also current on Spyware Blaster.
    In the last month or so, Ewido keeps finding these same cookies (copied from my latest scan report):
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ewido security suite - Scan report
    ---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 8:53:32 AM, 9/8/2005
    + Report-Checksum: 6D271922

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\PiprLuvr\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rypmwbaj.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tradedoubler : Cleaned with backup
    :mozilla.79:C:\Documents and Settings\Tom Kasle\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3w7lxe4t.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
    :mozilla.80:C:\Documents and Settings\Tom Kasle\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3w7lxe4t.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
    :mozilla.98:C:\Documents and Settings\Tom Kasle\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3w7lxe4t.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
    :mozilla.148:C:\Documents and Settings\Tom Kasle\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3w7lxe4t.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pro-market : Cleaned with backup

I have them in Quarantine now. Pro-Market has been particularly troublesome.
    If this doesn't help you guys, advise what else I can provide.
    Thanks for the good work.

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

only let trusted sites set cookies and have all others not set them. also erase your cookies from mozilla.

3. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Registered Member

:D You could also consider installing a "cookie manager", such as the good
    and FREE "CookieWall" available from www.analogx.com !? Once you
    place a cookie in its "Delete/Kill" section, it will not get on your
    computer in the future .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.