FW blocking search engines

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rilla927, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

    Rilla927 Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Posts:
    1,710
    I have had this problem for the last two months. When I use google, bing search I get a blank white page of google.com or bing.com.

    Just as a test I disabled and shutdown OutPost Pro and turned windows firewall on and was able to use google and bing with no problem. OutPost is blocking something but I don't know what it is.

    Anyone else see this with OutPost? I put it back in learning mode and the search engines are blocked. I thought this would solve the problem.

    I did notice svchost.exe added another UDP rule when there was already one there to begin with. I have enabled what ever I had disabled and can't get it to work.
     
  2. Brummelchen

    Brummelchen Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2009
    Posts:
    1,736
    Outpost still creates logfiles, please read them first.
     
  3. Corepcx

    Corepcx Registered Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2011
    Posts:
    16
    I noticed you post over in PrevX thread about the problem.

    It is something with Outpost Web Protection and Webroot Secure Anywhere

    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=309292

    If you reinstall Outpost and Do not Install Outpost Web Protection Module . WRSA search results will work correctly in Yahoo, Bing, Google and from Bar.

    But if want to have Outpost Web Protection etc and be able to Search without Blank Pages etc..

    you can deselect this option in Webroot SecureAnywhere

    Web Thread Shield -> "Analyze search engine results and identify malicious websites before visitation"

    That will allow you search normally with yahoo, google, bing or from bar.

    I prefer just disabling the option in WRSA, if site is malicious and you click on it either Outpost or WRSA will still block it..
     
  4. Rilla927

    Rilla927 Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Posts:
    1,710
    Thanks for the info. I would have never thought WSA was involved. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong.

    I did try disabling web control in OutPost and deselect option in Webroot and it still wouldn't work. I'm going to uninstall OutPost and just use windows firewall so no headaches.

    Thank you very much
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.