[FW] Allow All Trafic in trusted zone

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by seb2020, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seb2020

seb2020 Registered Member

Hi,

I have a question about the firewall. I use ESET Endpoint Security 5.0.2122.1 in my office with ERA. I have defined a trusted zone with my subnet from my office.

In the rules, I have the default rules. Now, here is my problem. I want when my computer is in trusted zone, it can make all trafic in/out. So, basically, I want when my computer is in office (=trusted zone) i don't want filtering.

How I can do that ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. seb2020

Nobody know how to do that ?

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please explain what kind of communication you'd like to have blocked/allowed when a computer is in the Trusted zone and when in a non-authenticated zone.
    Perhaps using automatic firewall profile switching with different rules bound to a specific firewall profile would work for you.

5. seb2020

When the computer is in the Office, I want autorise all the trafic from/to trusted zone.
    When the computer is not in the Office, I want to have de default rules apply.

I will check with the "automatic firewall profile switching". I don't know this feature.

6. seb2020

I have try to make some settings. I think my subnet is not detected as "Trusted zone".

How I can verify that my subnet that I have defined in the "Trusted zone" is correctly detect ?

7. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

so you want any machine in the office to be able to pass the firewall for any kind of traffic... any machine that has infection in the office (it can happen) - will be able to pass the firewall - that's not a very good idea imo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.